Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By 55six
  • 4 Post By nigelp
  • 1 Post By 55six

Thread: Sytong XM06-50LRF who has one?

Sytong XM06-50LRF who has one?

Morning,

Starting to consider options for pest control. Mainly small game but potential to swap between rifles for bigger animals.
    I have trialed the Hikmicro Panther 2.0 and a friend mentioned how happy he is with his Sytong hand held thermal.
    Unfortunately i missed Ken at the Wanaka show so hoping someone on here might have one in the Lower South Island i could come take a look through?

Cheers

I am keen on Sytong XM06-50LRF too. Anyone who owns one care to share a review? I am using sub-sonic 22lr ammo for pest control, so particularly interested in the Ballistic calculations feature. How accurate? Thanks.

I did these ballistics with the Sytong AM06-50LRF today. The AM range is Sytongs more affordable thermal scopes but features the ballistic calculator of the XM range and an 800m LRF.
    I sighted in 22lr subsonic to 50m.
    placed pinecones on stumps at 92m and 109m
    placed the LRF on the first pinecone using the square [] reticle. locked the distance and placed the ballistic holdover point on the pine cone and shot it. did the same again with the 109m pine cone.
    Video at link below.
    https://nightvision.co.nz/wp-content...m-and-109m.mp4
    Trout, Ranal and sheep like this.

I have the AM03-50lrf and rate it. Shot 6 deer 2 weeks ago ranging from 210 to 345m using g the built in lrf and ballistics calculator on a 300wsm. I have also used it on rabbits on my 223 out to 315m. The ballistics are pretty good. I sorted the bc so can now hit well out to 500m with easy. Nice and clear thermal too
    Trout, Ranal, 55six and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 55six View Post
    I did these ballistics with the Sytong AM06-50LRF today. The AM range is Sytongs more affordable thermal scopes but features the ballistic calculator of the XM range and an 800m LRF.
    I sighted in 22lr subsonic to 50m.
    placed pinecones on stumps at 92m and 109m
    placed the LRF on the first pinecone using the square [] reticle. locked the distance and placed the ballistic holdover point on the pine cone and shot it. did the same again with the 109m pine cone.
    Video at link below.
    https://nightvision.co.nz/wp-content...m-and-109m.mp4
    Thanks for the video. I could not see the ballistic holdover point on the video clip. Is it not recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by nigelp View Post
    I have the AM03-50lrf and rate it. Shot 6 deer 2 weeks ago ranging from 210 to 345m using g the built in lrf and ballistics calculator on a 300wsm. I have also used it on rabbits on my 223 out to 315m. The ballistics are pretty good. I sorted the bc so can now hit well out to 500m with easy. Nice and clear thermal too
    Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    Thanks for the video. I could not see the ballistic holdover point on the video clip. Is it not recorded?
    No the balistic holdover point isn’t recorded.
    sheep likes this.