Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: T/CR22 bolt hold open... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    I'm seriously considering getting one.
    Will you update your forum name?

I'm seriously considering one too, sounds good. Is the stock comfortable? Looks a little odd.

Sam E Yoto? Hmm... Has a ring to it! I hadn't thought that through to be honest.
    Stock is very comfortable, actually. It looks quite angular but it fits well and seems quite versatile.

Sam E Yoto? Hmm... Has a ring to it! I hadn't thought that through to be honest.
    Stock is very comfortable, actually. It looks quite angular but it fits well and seems quite versatile.
    I think they fit all the 10/22 aftermarket stocks don't they?

I believe so. Drop-in fit too.

Only briefly held one at GC Wellington. It looked well made and the trigger is a great improvement over the standard Ruger one. The stock isn't an aftermarket Magpul stock. It's a close copy but made specifically for TC, and as such lacks a few of the features of the Magpul. Still it is very comfortable. I'm seriously considering getting one.
    The stock is made by Magpul and is a variation of the 10/22 "backpacker" it's specifically made for T/C.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    The stock is made by Magpul and is a variation of the 10/22 "backpacker" it's specifically made for T/C.
    Here is the low-down on the stock design from a NZ Rod and Rifle article:
    The first thing you notice with the T/CR is the stock; it looks like a Magpul X-22 stock, and the reason it looks similar is because it’s made by Magpul. Think of it as a simplified X-22; no length adjustment or cheek riser and it also misses out on the sling loops and M-LOK slots on the side. It does have M-LOK slots underneath, which is good, but it misses out on sling swivel studs, instead having moulded in sling Q/D holes which means if you want to run a bipod, you’ll have to fit an adapter to the M-LOK slots underneath – no big deal, but it’s just another thing you have to buy.

The stock is, however, very comfortable and a step up from the basic Ruger 10/22 synthetic stock. Like the X-22 stock, the forend insert is removable if you decide to fit a heavy barrel, but unlike the X-22, there’s no replacement insert, so you lose your M-LOK slots when you take it out.

The rest of the review is definitely worth a read too.