Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: t3 .300 win mag to .338 edge conversion

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by crnkin View Post
    Some people just like bling I suppose!

There is quite a difference in windage, and its all about giving your self the best chance of a hit, so I can definitely see the desire.

The 300 win mag is good, but the 338's around 2800 fps are in a different league entirely.

I actually went the other way, from a 300 winmag to a 6.5x284, but for laziness reasons more than anything else!

Chris
    Yes u are a lazy boy wee chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    haha i feel what ur saying proudkiwi. and your probably right, but everywhere i shoot is breezy, and the goal of the build was for a rifle to fire 300smks to 1000 + . 338 lapua seemed to expensive . i always feel that bigger is better too haha. as well as the ooooh factor haha. i wouldnt say im an olympic shooter but am fairly confident on long range shooting, and can afford the build so why not
    All good

If you've got the money to do it I would be looking at something a bit cooler and unique than a dirty old Edge. I dont personally know anyone that still has one anymore now that I think about it.........?

One thing I have learnt is there is a VERY!!!! limited amount of people in NZ that I would get to build me a rifle anymore..........gunsmith is a pretty loose description around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    All good

If you've got the money to do it I would be looking at something a bit cooler and unique than a dirty old Edge. I dont personally know anyone that still has one anymore now that I think about it.........?
    Lol, I have two at the moment.......it is a very economical, sensible, consistent, 338 that preforms very well, whats not to like.

I know someone else that has two & another 4 guys that have one....fairly popular 338 at the moment......

For some reason I thought you had sold your ones? No idea why I thought that though!

You will however be one to admit that there are cooler rounds around

Mate there are plenty of cooler rounds around, the Edge is the 223 of the 338s but it is simple & cheap to build.

I have a 26"one for sale

The 338 Norma is really gaining ground against the Lapua in the States, I have two they are fantastic

The 338s are losing ground to the 375s as 375 projectiles become more available/affordable.

The 375 is in a completely different league to the 338s