Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: T3 or remington

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    For the money I would go Tikka as it will most likely shoot from the box without needing to spend extra coin.
    But will he shoot it more accurately than a 700? If a T3 doesn't shoot you are pretty much screwed (so I am lead to believe). 700's on the other hand seem to tune up well, if needed.

Disclaimer: I own a 700 and watched my brother initially perserver, but not prevail, with a T3 that would not shoot as well as he could. It was sold to someone who as it turns out couldn't shoot well enough to know any better. So, all's well that ends well.

Antsman is selling a 700 with a suppressor and his is stainless too for the same price .270

T3 hard
    THIS IS MY RIFLE, WITHOUT MY RIFLE I AM NOTHING

I went into a shop to buy a T3, and walked out again with the money still in my bank account. Of the T3, Rem, something else and the Savage I liked the feel and fit of the Savage best but didn't like the flimsy original plastic stock. Ended up waiting and getting an Accustock Savage when they hit the country. By accounts I've heard the Marlin XS7/XL7 and Howa shoot pretty well so might be worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Antsman is selling a 700 with a suppressor and his is stainless too for the same price .270
    I brought it , suppressor and already pimped , money saved will go on glass ! I can see another thread coming

The question is almost irrelevant and reminds me of Holden verses Ford. It really doesn't matter. You get what you pay for. Your rifle is part of the bigger package so you also need to consider the ammo you pump through it and the scope you use. But first and foremost, how capable you are with a firearm? A pro with great granddad's 303 will shoot better then a learner with a 15k rig.

Quote Originally Posted by GunsObanion View Post
    The question is almost irrelevant and reminds me of Holden verses Ford. It really doesn't matter. You get what you pay for. Your rifle is part of the bigger package so you also need to consider the ammo you pump through it and the scope you use. But first and foremost, how capable you are with a firearm? A pro with great granddad's 303 will shoot better then a learner with a 15k rig.
    Yeah, plus even in the best case scenario, my 700 (on the best of days) can shoot 1/2" (with careful hand loads)... if the Tikka will outshoot than great... what's another millimeter or two going to matter? Even at 500 yards?

As I said earlier, they were both reviewed side by side in a recent edition of Guns & Hunting mag, and the author basically said they are basically exactly the same type of rifle, build quality was the same, and the plusses and minuses were tiny and evened out in the end.

Just pick what you like the best. You won't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I brought it , suppressor and already pimped , money saved will go on glass ! I can see another thread coming
    Good to see its sorted...... Glass options.... lots of good scopes out there and it can be a headache sorting one that does every thing you want at a good price
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Good to see its sorted...... Glass options.... lots of good scopes out there and it can be a headache sorting one that does every thing you want at a good price
    I wonder if there has been a thread done so I don't have to put people through the pain of a rerun ?