Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Take down rifle,

They allow the RSPCA to carry firearms in steel lock boxes.
    A good shot at close range beats a 'hit" at a longer range.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Basically it seems like PNHQ wants to be 'seen to be doing the right things' with respect to firearms licensing, but still generating the reasons they require to club law abiding owners over the head with ever more stupid regulations and laws.

I cannot see any reason why we are not able to install a 3mm box in a vehicle/camper/motorhome/boat to the similar standard as a basic safe. Piss easy to build and install and a much better option all around. At the end of the day there is no difference to RSPCA, Defence (portable amoury), Police, and anyone else carting firearms. The end result is public safety isn't it?
    So is this concept just for the few occasions when say going for a 6 hr drive to your hunting spot you stop for a rest/piss/bite to eat and need to leave the car unattended?

Or to be able to leave a firearm in your car full time for the just in case a stag runs out in front of me rarity?

Just trying to grasp how the latter is in the interest of public safety.

Interesting the way this thread has gone,
    Were I have a problem is when on a two-three week road trip, hunting and fishing, diving and exploring, might have a center fire, a shotgun and a .22, mostly I leave them with mates, when away from the vehicle, but this is not always possible,
    I don't want to see rifles, left in vehicles when your based from home, but if your on the road, far from home, there should be a short term legal solation.
    There plenty of us, who head down south for thar, or waps, who might also have other choices, of things they want to hunt or fish for, on the journey home or there.
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Interesting the way this thread has gone,
    Were I have a problem is when on a two-three week road trip, hunting and fishing, diving and exploring, might have a center fire, a shotgun and a .22, mostly I leave them with mates, when away from the vehicle, but this is not always possible,
    I don't want to see rifles, left in vehicles when your based from home, but if your on the road, far from home, there should be a short term legal solation.
    There plenty of us, who head down south for thar, or waps, who might also have other choices, of things they want to hunt or fish for, on the journey home or there.
    This is what the proposed changes were aimed at. The issue is that vehicles are more easily stolen and removed from the scene than a house which will give crims more tome to access the safe. Would be good to give the police some incentive to actually look at doing something about vehicle thefts.
    mikee likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Lockbox of a certain standard + vehicle alarm/immobiliser/tracking of a certain standard.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

res
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Lockbox of a certain standard + vehicle alarm/immobiliser/tracking of a certain standard.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    I would love that, wouldn't keep something in it permanently but would make life a lot easier and imo more secure than some peoples home set ups.

I'm about to spend 4/5 weeks driving around the South Island in a campervan(my younger self would be so ashamed) and working out how to have guns at the points I need them is a nightmare
    Nibblet and stretch like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Ejected
    Hide them in the waste tank

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Would be good to give the police some incentive to actually look at doing something about vehicle thefts.
    Just tell them the vehicle was speeding!