Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Talk me out of a March scope

My 2c, FFP any day of the week. I positively can not understand why anyone would still go SFP or 1/4 (imperial). MRAD is just too easy to use at any range.
    jakewire and andyanimal31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Same limiting issues with the cds turret on the leupy vx3. I simply asked leupold to engrave the turret with a start at a 170m zero.
    Exactly, it's a deer gun so what's the big deal about a 200yd zero? We're not trying to head shoot sparrows. With a 200yd zero, my 3.5-18 gets to ~725yds on my 280AI and that'll do me.
    chainsaw, Moa Hunter and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Exactly, it's a deer gun so what's the big deal about a 200yd zero? We're not trying to head shoot sparrows. With a 200yd zero, my 3.5-18 gets to ~725yds on my 280AI and that'll do me.
    Cause i like everything to be set the same so i dont forget what each is set to

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    Change all your zero's to 200 yards.
    Tikka7mm08, 6x47 and Mathias like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robhughes-games View Post
    aaaah....a man with more than one gun! Personally I'd just slap a good old Kahles 1.5-6 on it, zero it for 250 and go shoot shit. None of this dialing or remembering, just put the crosshairs on it out to 350 and bang flop, job done.
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    aaaah....a man with more than one gun! Personally I'd just slap a good old Kahles 1.5-6 on it, zero it for 250 and go shoot shit. None of this dialing or remembering, just put the crosshairs on it out to 350 and bang flop, job done.
    Exactly what i went back too but with a 2.5-8× loopy

Have had a March 3-24 ffp here for a week now and while a grwat scope the paralax is a bit of a pain. In the bush if something was at 50m away and you are set to 30 you'd be hard pressed to see it i think. Very touch on the low end. So now need a swaro but with decent turrets with positive clicks