Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Tasman Research: New NZ made AR15 magazines

Easier than US made if you have a shit AO and/or are lazy & also future proofs against a return of the "hand in" demands or US export problems, I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by jackson21 View Post
    They're dreaming at that price, I'll stick with Magpul thanks.
    Think a better marketing approach would have been to come in at a realistic price to start with to generate a good local rapport and support.
    I think what DPT did to the suppressor market in NZ is a good example, kept everyone honest and kept it real.
    You mean the dumbest business tactic ever?? The "I'm going to make less money than all of my competitors" approach?? Undercut everyone else and start a race to the bottom, piss off all your competitors and shoot yourself in the foot at the same time??
    Making quality product costs money. NZ is a small market. Unless the guy is doing it for fun, then the setup and manufacturing costs have to be met somehow, otherwise they are toast before they even get going.
    mikee likes this.

Merely my personnel opinion that I wouldn't buy something new and untested at $90 a pop, Beavis is about right $40 and if good quality you would sell heaps? How many will you be buying Kaimai?
    Richard Branson with Virgin, changed the price of Air Travel for everyone by filling the plane up at a reasonable price for everyone.
    The pricing structure on the manufacture of these is created by NZ gun parts importation laws

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimai Views View Post
    You mean the dumbest business tactic ever?? The "I'm going to make less money than all of my competitors" approach?? Undercut everyone else and start a race to the bottom, piss off all your competitors and shoot yourself in the foot at the same time??
    Making quality product costs money. NZ is a small market. Unless the guy is doing it for fun, then the setup and manufacturing costs have to be met somehow, otherwise they are toast before they even get going.
    So many ways I could pick this statement apart ...
    veitnamcam, ebf, Tommy and 3 others like this.

That just reaks of butt hurt.

DPT
    Kaimai Views, also known as "Dean Maisey". You really do have your knickers in a twist about us don't you. We have priced our quality suppressors just right.
    Dean you should be out there trying to improve your own suppressors and brakes rather than trying to run us down every opportunity you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    Kaimai Views, also known as "Dean Maisey".
    Checks out.
    Spanners and Jexla like this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Checks out.
    Who'd have guessed

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Who'd have guessed
    Yep Shocked everyone that...NOT ha ha ha ha
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

ebf
    Farking hell, this is all getting too confusing.
    @gimp, can't you rename him to Dean.Maisey.stealthmode so we can keep this straight :-)
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

MSL
    Hardly stealth

Unfortunately anti-competitiveness seems to be a NZ business trait. I guess we never got over the days of protectionism where you can make a high priced and low quality product and the Government would literally make people buy your stuff.

I hope the mags work out alright. Spearmags seem to be doing ok so there is space for a local magazine maker.
    Spanners and mikee like this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    I had a casual conversation 24 hrs ago about NZ gunsmithing and the mfg scene.
    The other party will know who they are obviously
    Interesting enough, it was DPT who I used as a great example on how to do business in a number of ways.
    I'm not a DPT groupie and hand on heart have never even SEEN one of their products in the flesh, but I stand by the comment above.
    Well done guys

Which login are you going to use Dean? Kaimai or your name? One or the other....
    gadgetman, BRADS and Tommy like this.

Or Eagle ?;-)

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Or Eagle ?;-)
    Another??
    I can't be fucked dealing with childish shit involving multiple logins.
    Knock it on the head