Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Is there a rifle you wish you 'd never got rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    Crips sheaer, you will have to get rid of that rifle, It`s patently clear that the bloody tree has the virus!!!.
    Already done unfortunately.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Just one for me and yeah it was a buy back rifle.

I had to hand a few in but really only one bought a tear to my eye, my Schmeisser (made in Germany) AR-15A4, 20".

I've used quite a few AR's but this was the nicest milspec one I have ever held and used. Shot fantastically, so well made with tight tolerances and all the other good stuff a high quality AR has, it was a pleasure to use and own.

I always thought I would never sell it and would leave it to my son.

I was getting ready to get into service rifle with it when the ban happened. I thought the sadness of losing it would lessen with time but it hasn't to be honest, it was something I treasured.

I miss it

remington mohawk 308

sako full wood carbine 308

and I was about to buy a BAR safari in 308 when the buy back started....one rifle I had always wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    What are the details, could be keen.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would not sell it to anyone honestly its been a dog from the get go but I just cannot let it go given A) it cost me so much and B) I brought local primarily as the supplier made all the promises in the world abut after sales service and how everyone else was shit.................... and then ran away.
    I could accepted that it had an issue from the start as shit sometimes happens but 3-4 attempts to fix it over 6 years............really...............

Anyway if someone comes across a Bruno Model 2 Serial Number 350444 then I would like to know, I want to buy it back. I guess most likely in the nelson region

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by raydafish View Post
    remington mohawk 308

sako full wood carbine 308

and I was about to buy a BAR safari in 308 when the buy back started....one rifle I had always wanted
    You want another sako .308 fullstock?

Tikka 260 bushpig bought and sold on the forum. Shot everything I fed it sub moa but lost confidence in it after a couple of misfires on animals back to back(turned out it was Dodgey federal primers). Regret selling it but the guy who owns it is a good bastard and that softens the blow. Miss my first tikka which was a proper bushpig (308 with a 16.5" bbl), funnily enough sold to buy the aforementioned 260. Same story with a good bastard forum member owning it so less painful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I would not sell it to anyone honestly its been a dog from the get go but I just cannot let it go given A) it cost me so much and B) I brought local primarily as the supplier made all the promises in the world abut after sales service and how everyone else was shit.................... and then ran away.
    I could accepted that it had an issue from the start as shit sometimes happens but 3-4 attempts to fix it over 6 years............really...............

Anyway if someone comes across a Bruno Model 2 Serial Number 350444 then I would like to know, I want to buy it back. I guess most likely in the nelson region
    that's a major disappointment. What kind of issues does the rifle have?

When I moved over here from Oz, I sold my Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 to Dad - since I followed NZ law (unlike one shitstain) I had to wait 9~ months for a referee to follow me over here before I could get my firearms license so i couldn't be bothered bringing the gun here. It was a basic, rough firearm but it was just FUN to shoot. I would get another, but they are so expensive here in NZ for some reason. I also miss my Adler lever action shotgun that I bought as a fuck you to the anti-gun lobby..
    csmiffy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    I regret burying my AR, AK, SKS and >45carbine in my septic tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jusepy View Post
    Danger, danger . you are being watched. Expect a vist from Mr plod in the near future.
    Shhhhh it was deliberate....his septic tank needs emptying and he was hoping to get it done for free.......

One person I know had nothing to hand in, but took the precaution of burying about a dozen 36" pieces of scrap rebar and steel around his large section in case Mr Plod likes using metal detectors.........
    striker, 308 and superdiver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    You want another sako .308 fullstock?

i handle one in a hut at the top of the rangitata river
    it was like it was made just for me fit, pointing feel ect
    it "felt' substantially better than my sako 75, which is one im super happy I didnt sell and on to its third barrel

the old coot that owned it wouldnt sell it to me, I dont blame him. I barely sell rifles

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    it "felt' substantially better than my sako 75, which is one im super happy I didnt sell and on to its third barrel

the old coot that owned it wouldnt sell it to me, I dont blame him. I barely sell rifles
    Yeah I’ve got a ‘79 A2 fullstock, and a fullstock 85. The older one is considerably lighter and I just like it more. Still selling both though, haha.

Bill999 likes this.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post

Yeah I’ve got a ‘79 A2 fullstock, and a fullstock 85. The older one is considerably lighter and I just like it more. Still selling both though, haha.

timattalon likes this.

H.M
    Sako All 243 sold it way to cheap also. Was awesome rifle always have regretted it.

Interesting that in a few pages here there are four Remington 600s/Mohawks.... Not many made but very very popular with users. Old man had one in 308 and mine was 243. Brilliant little hunter - would love to have it back:

https://www.google.com/search?q=remi...pnAPuI0ubbhIXM

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    This does bring up an interesting topic.
    I’ve been through stages where I have way to many firearms in the safe and many sit unused.
    I’m at the stage where less is better, and quality trumps quantity.
    At the moment I only have two that will never leave my possession and that is because of sentimental attachment not performance.
    My working rifles have to perform and be used often or they are gone.
    My workers consist of 2 Centerfires of completely different configurations , 1 shotgun and 1 rimfire .
    That has been whittled down from 16 firearms , no new rifle arrives without one of the existing disappearing .
    I've got to this stage too, owned lots and sold lots. Just a hand full of working rifles for me now, and one shot gun that I will keep for sentimental reasons (and .the off chance I get back in to duck hunting).

The only rifle I really regard letting go was a super accurate Browning A-bolt in .243, I'd still be using it now if I'd kept it.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella