Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The THLR Concept reticle is official

Jesus what's the matter with some of you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

Ha Ha I was just thinking this......
    BRADS, shift14 and Mathias like this.

I'm guessing first day back at work

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    shift14 likes this.
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"

Not quite yet.
    Being on a public forum about shooting and hunting I am not sure that this type of video has its place here, it might contribute to just feed the" hoplophobia" a bit more.
    There are other websites for militarywannabesniper where it would have its place I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    You dont
    Do you ???....FFS
    Dreamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

Some's got a wild hair growing up their arse.

B

MSL
    It's just a demonstration of a recticle..... Go wave wave a sign outside a gaming convention before having a cry here
    Dreamer, Gibo and stretch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I cant watch the video, did you take it down because some poofs felt offended? Please bring it back
    No I did not take it down because of that, I took it down because I have no wish to stay offensive.
    In addition to the paperwork at the patent office, publication is as simple way of showing the origins of this concept. The film was designed to catch the attention of viewers with a professional background that now sits in positions making decisions about equipment. It did, outdoor forums are saturated with these people. Patents must be defended in court for own money (very expensive) and it is very difficult to win. When the customer knows the origins, it is more beneficial for a optics manufacturer to include me. I know of certain reticles that was simply taken from the designers. In terms of money, it cost me nothing to reach a market others are simply unable to penetrate. In terms of lost sleep and esteem, the price was significantly higher. Believe me, I found this video as offensive as most of you.

But considering this was created to ultimately tip difficult situations in favor of persons exposing themselves to potentially lethal injuries, I decided it was worth the mental abrasion of being offensive. It wasn't a good or pleasant decision, but given the situation, it was likely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    I suspect he is pushing this reticle for military applications - hence the use of the target. Makes sense particularly for demonstrating the ranging and moving target leads.
    Spot on. Military and law enforcement. Static targets simply does not relay the same understanding of the decision-support the reticle gives. Once it was decided there was no way around it, I tried to make the presentation as clinical as possible yet forceful enough to get the message across. Eventually, situations or enexpected where you run out of options do occur. I believe most of us are against violence, but we are also thankful that the Police will do a hands-on brawl when required.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Also personally, I really like the centre dot but I think the reticle would need a fair amount of practice to get really proficient with some of the details. I also like the thick bars coming in for snap shooting or close targets on lower magnification.
    @Norway I assume at lower magnifications the illumination of the centre dot still shows well? Is it set up to be used in conjunction with say a 500m zero?
    The reticle light is designed to be used with nightvision, unaided twilight and bright daylight (Aimpoint style). However, actually building such a complex light is a a tad expensive, so for the demonstration scopes only twilight performance was included.
    The reticle is just in conjuction with whatever scope setting the situation allows.
    By default, the most beneficial trajectory for an emergency response.
    If time permits, the most beneficial trajectory for your area of responsibility.
    If time permits, the actual shooting range.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with the video.
    It shows the designed use and it is pointed out that it is for military use too.

I do have a problem with video games that promote gratuitous violence under the guise that rating it R18 will somehow stop children from playing them.... but that is another matter!

Thanks for the reply Norway.... but now if you could make a hunting video....

I'm still waiting......

He's got plenty of hunting videos

A new one.... please. I "may" have watched all of the others....

You make one
    SlimySquirrel likes this.

Not sure why a few are getting there panties in a twist, it's not that long ago there was a video posted on here of some poor bloke being shot in the head by an ISIS sniper..
    Dreamer and BRADS like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

All I want is to see this reticle. Do you have a still shot/pic of it? Surely that wont offend the vaginas among us.
    gadgetman and SlimySquirrel like this.