Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tikka T1x -stainless????

@ChrisW are you able to explain why the 22lr has such a funny looking low hanging magazine, whilst the 17hmr doesn't?
    I've seen pictures and reports of the 22lr model in Sweeden having a magazine that looks like the 17hmr one.

Thanks @Beetroot. It is really encouraging to see some groups like this - half a minute of rabbit head. I think the word is out that these rifles need quite a bit of running in, some of the accuracy reviews I’ve seen were with new rifles and a couple just didn’t like certain ammo at all.

An old mate in the UK has now got his rifle reliably shooting tiny little groups (subs, CCI I think), at first it was errr, not so sure, so he basically just shot cans and any old crap for 200+ shots or maybe more, just to get it run in. He absolutely loves his T1x now and is going the whole NV mission, the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    OK but what about accuracy? Group sizes? I’ve seen some mixed results on various forums and YouTube. When it’s good it’s very good but not all rifles seem to like that same ammo which is one of those conundrums that seem to crop up from time to time. Some of the accuracy tests have been pretty ordinary.
    That was 60 yds and put about a 100 through so far.
    I'm pretty happy with the whole rig and keen to get some more ammo down the spout

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    @ChrisW are you able to explain why the 22lr has such a funny looking low hanging magazine, whilst the 17hmr doesn't?
    I've seen pictures and reports of the 22lr model in Sweeden having a magazine that looks like the 17hmr one.
    Im not sure sorry. We were unaware it was going to be like that till the 22LR actually showed up a month or so ago.