Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Tikka t3 light weight mods

Gkp
    I just found this aussie site that may be of interest and a good place to source a spring replacement
    https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/
    SlimySquirrel likes this.

In a t3 , just unwind the grub screw a few turns and the trigger gets lighter....

Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    In a t3 , just unwind the grub screw a few turns and the trigger gets lighter....
    Will already be adjusted right down

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Will already be adjusted right down
    I am referring to anther tikka which I have adjust to minimum pull. Still not a flash trigger, I have owned tikkas in the past and don't recall them been this crap!

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Thanks spamguy.

Most tikka triggers are better than most shooters.
    I don't get the spam guy comment
    You obviously don't know what a good trigger is

@Gkp have similar thing, two tikka's two different triggers. One has the adjustment screw set about 3/4 out and is perfect crisp 2lb, other is wound right out and a rough 3lb. I tried swapping the trigger units over and same thing. So doesn't appear to be the trigger unit. I think it may be to do with the finish/angle on the bolt sear?
    Gkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    I am referring to anther tikka which I have adjust to minimum pull. Still not a flash trigger, I have owned tikkas in the past and don't recall them been this crap!
    Yea i figured you were talking about the other one but also figured theyd have adjusted it when built thats the pitts

Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    I have that trigger spring.
    It’s a decent little spring and makes the trigger a bit nicer.

Can anyone get Triggertech to make one for the Tikka..... I’d be all over one
    camo wsm and Gkp like this.

Bus driver
    Quote... I am surprised to hear of a bad trigger in a tikka, I haven't come across one yet.

I have 3 tikkas....the triggers are just fine,...splitting cunt-hairs comes to mind here when bagging tikka triggers.....

Tikka 300 win mag/243/270....

The triggers and pull on these rifles have been dragged through the mud on several occasions here...you either like em or you dont......Ive personally never had a problem with them ,they do the job they are supposed to,....my finger likes them
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

I have found that winding the Tikka trigger adjustment screw into the heaviest setting, leaving it there for a while, and then winding out to the lightest setting seems to make it lighter.
    SlimySquirrel likes this.

Gkp
    All good stuff, cheers guys will give these things a try. I have also ordered a spring of that aussie site to try as well.
    I shot 20 odd goats today with the shooter and the trigger is definitely the weak point

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    My 0.02c, the comb is low (below barrel centreline by a measurable amount over other common brands) plus has a negative angle on the top of it (recoil pad lower than pistol grip). Also, the recoil pad is angled quite a bit. Little differences here make a big deal, and its one of the reasons aftermarket stocks sell so well. On recoil, the angle of the butt pad, the drop of the stock and the angle of the comb direct the recoil forces up and back at ya not in a straight line. Mate of mine has a tikka in an aftermarket stock, some lightening fluff and a bit of milling and a half cock mod of some sort on the bolt which makes it much less floppy. It's a nice comfortable usable rifle that fixes just about everything I don't like about the factory offering. Definitely has less 'felt recoil' than a factory rifle, knowing that the physics are the same...
    Totally agree, once I raised up my comb height, put the vertical pistol grip on (T3X) it made mine a lot nicer to shoot. If you can adjust the recoil pad vertically, that makes a big difference to how the rifle recoils. Majority of the time it needs lifting vertically for correct placement in shoulder crease

Gkp
    Received my after market trigger spring today, fitted in 5 minutes and made a huge difference. Much lighter pull weight
    SlimySquirrel and kiwi-adam like this.

Gkp
    I can now contribute to the light weight tikka section. Includes a Hardy can and is deadly accurate! Name:  IMG_20200609_084758.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  2.61 MB
    Thanks to those that convinced me not to sell that scope. Worked out well
    SlimySquirrel, Ranal and takbok like this.

Mathias and Gkp like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..