Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Tikka t3x experiences

Fulla
    The mags are the same, well basicly the x has steel feed lips. So no you won't be able to single/top feed. I keep my old modified t3 mag which fits no problem. There was a guy who was making followers in nelson on trade me about 30 bucks. They work well for single feed. But I'm not sure hes on there any more.
    I like the palm swell that comes with it, or the extra fat one. You can screw on.
    If only shoot about 20 initial development rounds and its shooting half moa, I'm sure it will go better.
    As said there's no real differences Between t3 and t3x.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    Thanks for some of the good responses fellas.

I'd probably just throw my limbsaver on it if I went that direction, almost sold that but glad I hung on to it.

I also mostly hunt with my gundog so will steer clear of brakes, have one for my 7mmRM and never use it for that reason.

Has anyone noticed if you're actually able to top load it? Not a deal breaker but curious to know.

Can't use cans here so that's no drama really but thanks for the heads up re. that.

I heard they were finnlight barrels, just thought it was weird they dont have them on the actual tikka site, still don't understand why unless it's just specific to the Australian and NZ market because of our hunting styles?

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    Cant just drop one in the ejection port and close the bolt on the t3, unless you buy a special mag follower. No idea if that is the same on the t3x though. You can pop one in and thumb it up the pipe to top it of, but I think youd be hard pressed to top load the mag like most single stack magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Cant just drop one in the ejection port and close the bolt on the t3, unless you buy a special mag follower. No idea if that is the same on the t3x though. You can pop one in and thumb it up the pipe to top it of, but I think youd be hard pressed to top load the mag like most single stack magazines
    You sure mate? Ive done this for years with my T3's - 308, 6.5x55 and recently the 7mmRM.
    199p, Gibo, Carpe Diem and 1 others like this.

northdude
    im pretty sure i can single feed my one its had no mods
    SlimySquirrel, Gibo and Carpe Diem like this.

I have 2 x T3 and can just drop rounds into the port easy as they chamber perfect with no mods

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The T3x is just an updated Tikka, a few slight tweaks but all the good things about the T3 are still retained.
    For the money a Tikka finnlight would be hard too beat.

Just be aware that the gun will kick like hell. A friend had a Tikka T3 lite in 308 and it had an almighty boot too it, my .260 is bad enough.

Be very careful about the T3. Great balance,easy to carry,great to reload, super accurate, super glass like trigger when lightened. Hard to imagine such a package at a reasonable price. Better off to buy one of those super improved magnums that you are extolled to buy which are used once and come up for sale on TM super quick. The great Kiwi big magnum gun con swindle.
    mikee, Skatieguy and septic like this.

To the original poster. Never had a Tika T3 but I do have 2 Sako A7's. I cant fault them and they do have the little advantages of 2 action lengths and a 3 lug bolt which reduces the bolt lift for a really low 'scope mount. Both shoot really well which I guess is the same as the Tika.

Speaking from experience; it WILL go bang.

Why a tikka though?feeling a bit sheepish?

the X model is a clear gimmick and Sako just reinventing what's already worked but what would I know?

if you got a rem 700 for sub 800 you could get a Trueflight barrel on her ready to rock in roll for 1800 in the standard stock and it'd be quite a bit better by a long shot(pun intended). Just food for thought aye :-)

Just wait a few months for the new model Sauer 100 to get into the country. It looks really good and its cheap as ships over in the states so it should be about the same price as a Tikka here I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    You sure mate? Ive done this for years with my T3's - 308, 6.5x55 and recently the 7mmRM.
    Really? Mine won't feed. Bullet end hits the breech face. Fine if I thumb it forward slightly. Maybe it's a shorter mag thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-D View Post
    Really? Mine won't feed. Bullet end hits the breech face. Fine if I thumb it forward slightly. Maybe it's a shorter mag thing.
    If the weight of your projectile is tipping forward that will happen, you can buy a follower or sled to pop in the mag to stop that, or if you have access to a 3D printer you can get the cad file online for one

You can top load a t3fine drop the round in the ejection port ontop of the mag close the bolt apparently they have made the ejection port bigger on the t3x to make that Easier I've never found it hard to do mind you I've never owned one in anything bigger than 6.5x55 round oal wise might of been harder for larger rounds as the t3 as you know has exactly the same action from 222-larger magnum's

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Speaking from experience; it WILL go bang.

Why a tikka though?feeling a bit sheepish?

the X model is a clear gimmick and Sako just reinventing what's already worked but what would I know?

if you got a rem 700 for sub 800 you could get a Trueflight barrel on her ready to rock in roll for 1800 in the standard stock and it'd be quite a bit better by a long shot(pun intended). Just food for thought aye :-)
    All that just to get it to shoot maybe as well as a Tikka, hat's the thing about all the Tikka's ( 3 ) that ive owned , they all shot great and were 100 reliable . You can bling them if you want but I think they work awesome as is.
    7mmsaum and SlimySquirrel like this.