Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Dermastor
  • 1 Post By threefootsix
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By Mills
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: trademe cheek rests?

trademe cheek rests?

Any of you legends used one of those cheap cheek rest? wanting something temporally till I buy adjustable stock for my t3x 300 win

Have tried uploading pictures but cant work it out lol

Name:  1636108000.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  278.4 KBName:  1078349838.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  221.1 KBName:  1788801186.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  59.6 KB

I have been using ones like the tops ones for years. They will be Kydex which you can thermo form with a heat gun so they fit the shape of your stock. You have to drill holes through your stock which could be a problem. I fitted mine and stopped thinking about it.
    stripe147 and threefootsix like this.

Cheers for your input. I don't mind drilling two holes, They do look the most sturdy out of the three

+1 for the top version. Fitted one to a synth Jw15 to make it usable. I like the straight black version better than the carbon weave, carbon version can get a little ugly if you need to trim it up.
    As an aside, I've tried one of those tacticool canvas ones as well - shite with capital S.
    stripe147 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threefootsix View Post
    +1 for the top version. Fitted one to a synth Jw15 to make it usable. I like the straight black version better than the carbon weave, carbon version can get a little ugly if you need to trim it up.
    As an aside, I've tried one of those tacticool canvas ones as well - shite with capital S.
    i thought they might be shit, I've also found review saying those 3d printed ones are pretty bad quality so ill buy the one that gets bolted on. cheers

The 3D printed ones really don't like recoil. The front section that slides off to allow you to remove the bolt, does that when the rifle is shot. Have had to go back and find it on more than 1 occasion. I now have a length of duct tape holding the 2 sections together.

Have a kydex jobbie on another rifle. Like the top ones in your image. Infinitely better.
    stripe147 likes this.

Foam and tape does the job. Plus it’s completely reversible
    caberslash likes this.

Made my own -a replica wooden one for the sporter butt on my no4mk1.303 carved from a piece of radiata screwed on .my 7.62x39 and bubba sister the.223 have leather ones .I made these from an old foam sleeping matter and recycled handbag leather (courtesy of local recycling centre) and these are laced on.they work equally as well .
    I did once fabricate a one off out of foam and heavy industrial leather glove offcuts .this was for a cackchander like me who couldn t use his"normal" .270 with raised cheekpiece as the edge of it bit into his cheek. he'd wanted me to shave the cheeckpiece off but i pointed out when he came to sell it a disfigured stock would cost him. seems my wee idea worked cause a dozen cans and a few deer later he was still smiling.
    caberslash likes this.

I made a kydex one and fitted it with velcro instead of drilling holes. thing is solid as.