Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Trademe licence glitch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    People are different. Some will queue for the cattle-car, while others have to be dragged, kicking and screaming into the cattle car.

Of course it’s important to recognize the cattle car from a passenger-car, so as not to join the queue through ignorance. Once the distinction is pointed out, it’s up to you as to your actions.
    I'm sorry, for a moment there I thought you were equating filling in a form to to buy a mail order gun to being sent to a concentration camp.

Silly me.
    Pengy likes this.

Actually it looks like the arms act probably has it covered.

74 Regulations

(1)

The Governor-General may, from time to time, by Order in Council, make regulations for all or any of the following purposes:

(g)

prescribing forms of applications, permits, licences, endorsements, registers, notices, and other documents required for the purposes of this Act, or authorising the Commissioner to prescribe or approve such forms, and requiring the use of such forms:
    distant stalker and systolic like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    ...how recently? Genuine question because Trademe's license check now requires your details to match your FAL. Not a big deal, but not legally required either...
    That's because trade me makes a query on the police database

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Actually it looks like the arms act probably has it covered.
    The regulations created under the Act have to be officially created as Regulations by the Governor General though - Police policies and forms which are not specified by the legal Regulations don't have any standing under that clause.

The current regulations are the Arms Regulations 1992: Arms Regulations 1992 (SR 1992/346) (as at 01 July 2017) Contents – New Zealand Legislation

Which as far as I can see don't add anything relating to s43a. Maybe during the next amendment they will try to change the regulations (part of the reason for having them is that its much easier to change Regulations than Acts of Parliament) to say the police form must be used, but unless that happens there is nothing in the law to say you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    The regulations created under the Act have to be officially created as Regulations by the Governor General though - Police policies and forms which are not specified by the legal Regulations don't have any standing under that clause.

The current regulations are the Arms Regulations 1992: Arms Regulations 1992 (SR 1992/346) (as at 01 July 2017) Contents – New Zealand Legislation

Which as far as I can see don't add anything relating to s43a. Maybe during the next amendment they will try to change the regulations (part of the reason for having them is that its much easier to change Regulations than Acts of Parliament) to say the police form must be used, but unless that happens there is nothing in the law to say you have to.
    Absolutely, the provision is in the law for Police to get the forms regulated, and get the information they want a requirement. But I would suspect that they have the ability to produce forms for day-to-day tasks, such as reports for thefts, ....
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

They have the ability to produce forms for convenience of course - but I don't think they have a right to refuse to do their duty (or comply with the law) when citizens do comply with the law but don't use their forms.

After all, the Arms Act specifies in Section 3 that it binds the Crown

The (g) you quote above is a subclause of (1), ie the forms created only have authority when ordered by the governor general as regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    They have the ability to produce forms for convenience of course - but I don't think they have a right to refuse to do their duty (or comply with the law) when citizens do comply with the law but don't use their forms.

After all, the Arms Act specifies in Section 3 that it binds the Crown

The (g) you quote above is a subclause of (1), ie the forms created only have authority when ordered by the governor general as regulations.
    You're onto it, what I've been saying all along. The forms themselves are not illegal, insistence that everything on them must be filled in before signing would be.
    distant stalker and GravelBen like this.