Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Tru flights barrels

How much does rebarreling a rifle typically cost just curious? Say replacing a common sporter barrel with a similar new one?
    dannyb likes this.

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    How much does rebarreling a rifle typically cost just curious? Say replacing a common sporter barrel with a similar new one?
    $ 200 - $ 400

Lots of variables. Profile might need to be turned down if the blank is larger. Surface treatments - sandblasting, cerakote, blueing etc.
    Synthetic likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Ive had 2 done, no3/4 in 243 with 1:8 twist and a #2 sporter in 358 win, both great, really happy, they even loaded up some rounds of 358 win to test fire the lever action before sending it back.
    I don't have much to compare too for copper fouling but mine foul nothing like my mate's 6.5CM Lithgow. After 20 shoots you can see the copper at the muzzle.
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    Last one I had done was $900 for barrel and fitting.
    Synthetic likes this.

ebf
    @Synthetic, the numbers i mentioned were the labour component for machining only. Target barrels for FTR i worked in 1k total for barrel and fitment.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

From memory I'm thinking $800 to $1300 including barrel and fitting and threading for moderator.
    The cheap one was fitting to a bare action.
    The expensive one included removing the existing barrel and some trigger work plus making up some test rounds.
    Z
    Few years out of date now.

Just looked at my invoice
    $615 ultra match barrel
    $350 chamber and fit
    $40 bead blast
    $100 thread for suppressor
    $35 courier

Plus GST
    winaa likes this.

Those prices are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Being that one of their main shareholders wants to shut down a certain Pistol club after said shareholder purchased a property nearby and then proceeded to complain about the noise...

They can shove it
    He is no longer a shareholder and does not own the building we operate out of any longer all ties have been cut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tahr, zimmer, Husky1600 and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwalsh View Post
    He is no longer a shareholder and does not own the building we operate out of any longer all ties have been cut!

Well done. I stand corrected on the building.
    Antwalsh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WessCG View Post
    Looking at re barreling my tikka and was looking at true flight barrels but I don’t know anyone that has used one. What’s everyone’s thoughts / experiences with them?
    Feel free to flick us a email or give us a call to discuss your options, pricing is above. Ultra match barrels are lead lapped which gives the bore consistency from start to finish and also removes any marks that are caused during the process of making the barrels such as reamer or honing marks. The barrels are also finished off with a ultra fine polish so there should be no issues with copper fouling hope this helps!

Tahr, Matt2308, bunji and 3 others like this.

You know they are good barrels when some Americans import them to use on target rifles

They are completely over run with absolutely awsome options made in usa so why would they bother importing
    Tells you something

Personal experience with 4 trueflite ultra match barrels all of them have shot alot better than I can and I consider myself a pretty good shot

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    Personal experience with 4 trueflite ultra match barrels all of them have shot alot better than I can and I consider myself a pretty good shot
    Yeah well mate those barrels can't exactly shoot themselves eh. So credit where credit's due. Nut behind the butt!

Having kept an eye on this thread, it's pretty clear the balance of opinion is firmly positive, with one notable exception.

Which is good to hear, because from my simpleton's perspective, our firearms related manufacturers punch well above our weight with TruFlite, DPT, Hardy, Oceania and the others I've forgotten all maintaining a strong international reputation.
    Husky1600 and 40mm like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Yeah well mate those barrels can't exactly shoot themselves eh. So credit where credit's due. Nut behind the butt!

Having kept an eye on this thread, it's pretty clear the balance of opinion is firmly positive, with one notable exception.

Which is good to hear, because from my simpleton's perspective, our firearms related manufacturers punch well above our weight with TruFlite, DPT, Hardy, Oceania and the others I've forgotten all maintaining a strong international reputation.
    Yes. Obviously Trueflight (what a great brand name) are top notch. But the other 2 barrel makers seem to get creds too. I have never heard a bad word about Vulcan and I have a hardy barrel that has been very excellent. Go you Kiwis!