Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trueflite vs Shilen

What has he done wrong? As we are on a barrel talk about, is it regarding his barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Hardy really needs a name change and if it weren't for H and F offering deals he'd be fair fucked. Hardy rifle butchering services sounds spot on
    what on earth has he done to you then?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

I've heard too many horror stories particularly of ARs going for "work". Namely involving A4 uppers which have a extended chamber for reliability being done to A2 spec which DONT which anyone who knows the slightest about ARs will tell you. His suppressors are substandard and can't recall the number of times I've heard of blow outs or baffle strikes coupled with the fact comparatively they are louder by a fair margin. Seen the price of his AR suppressors? I bought one a few years ago and compared it to a first gen DPT on a carbine AR(Hardy AR specific suppressor) and the DPT at $500 less was far superior in every way. Feel free to contact the service rifle association for more horror stories

I've heard too many horror stories particularly of ARs going for "work". Namely involving A4 uppers which have a extended chamber for reliability being done to A2 spec which DONT which anyone who knows the slightest about ARs will tell you. His suppressors are substandard and can't recall the number of times I've heard of blow outs or baffle strikes coupled with the fact comparatively they are louder by a fair margin. Seen the price of his AR suppressors? I bought one a few years ago and compared it to a first gen DPT on a carbine AR(Hardy AR specific suppressor) and the DPT at $500 less was far superior in every way. Feel free to contact the service rifle association for more horror stories
    fair enough, but for somebody that is sopposedly making so much sub standard gear I wonder how come he is still in buisness?

BRADS likes this.

Vulcan barrels are underrated give him a call. I've had 2 and they shot exceptionally. great pricing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    R93, Beaker and Rwt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    fair enough, but for somebody that is sopposedly making so much sub standard gear I wonder how come he is still in buisness?

Because He offers deals to H and F on rifles like Tikkas which sell themselves which in turn sell En mass and he makes a few bucks off each one, it's simple economics and for those who want a suppressed rifle that seems great. Just my opinion and your opinion is respected irrelevant of agreement or disagreement:-)
    puku likes this.

So from what you are saying he would be buying tikka rifles and selling them to h+f suppressed?

Because He offers deals to H and F on rifles like Tikkas which sell themselves which in turn sell En mass and he makes a few bucks off each one, it's simple economics and for those who want a suppressed rifle that seems great. Just my opinion and your opinion is respected irrelevant of agreement or disagreement:-)
    Whats his barrels like mate?

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Whats his barrels like mate?
    from what I have heard very good

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    from what I have heard very good

Had one in a .260 ackley shot well

I'm interested in his carbon barrels and the claim f clean bore consistency with following shots. But at $1000 plus I'd have to get a real good price for one of my Kreiger blanks to try one!

And the silencers who had baffle strike. We're they is installed by hardy. Because the best suppresort can be easily fucken if some Muppet just whips the barrel up in a 3jaw chuck. My wife's tikka that I bought second hand for her had clear chuck marks from a 3 jaw chuck