Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Vector optics

Vector optics

Anyone had much to do with these on a rifle.
    Look like a cheaper option but hopefully have acceptable glass and repeatability when dialing. Like to hear from anyone with experience with them or any other brands you have stumbled across that are cheaper and cheerful.

northdude
    Never tried dialing but i use nikko stirling and havnt had any probs with them as far as cheaper scopes go people give them shit but i havnt had one crap out yet but seen plenty worth more than my car shit themselves
    timattalon, WallyR and blip like this.

Overpriced Chinese junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    @Sasquatch, are you able to recommend a better brand that have a same or better Range/Price of Vector Optics?

Cheers
    Phil
    Depending on what the budget is, but if wanting to go for a cheaper brand, I'd go Vortex, Nikko or Vixen.

Depends what recoil levels and purpose? But value for money at the price point Hawke scopes take a lot if beating. Ditto Nikko. None of these will dial reliably long term but you might get lucky. But both reputable and established brands.

What sort of magnification are you looking for?

I find the best value for money scopes are the Weaver Classic V or K series. They are better than most scopes at that price point.
    I've had a Weaver K4 for over a decade and never had an issue with it. Compact, reliable, and glass is pretty much the same as a Leupold VX1.

Might be worth looking at ones of these? A Weaver K4 and a Weaver K6 for $300.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...2ec49c74b3-005

Keep one and sell one.

The other option is the Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 AO. Reliable and very clear glass, but quite critical with eye positioning. Also it's probably more suitable for small calibers, maybe up to .243?

I’ve got 3 vector optic scopes!

1 is on a 10/22, another on a .17 HMR & the other on a .222

Would I get another... hell yeah!

There a low priced unit, 30 mm scope tube, good clear glass & they come with there own rings so if it’s going on a dove tail rail then you need to order seperate rings.

I haven’t had any issues with my scopes!

@Wingman owns 1-2 & got me onto them so he can tell you what he thinks

I actually have 9 Tac vector scopes, all of which are great except the ffp 2-12x32.. its just average due to optics.
    The marksman range and paragon are great no bs scopes that work as intended. They dial and track perfect and their glass puts a lot if the high priced brands out there to shame. Their higher end models use German Shcott glass and they have very usable and supported reticles.

I have got many people into these scopes right around the globe (including the current USA reprosentitive) while looking for good value glass on pcp rifles these were hard to beat. They soon found their way onto my centerfires too.
    Just steer away from the FFP range.. or any FFP scope under $1200 for that matter

Unfortunately optics are something you get what you pay for.
    There are a lot of less named or no named brands that are claimed to be as good as or better than the competition, but very seldom is that true.

The saying "if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is" is something I'd abide by.

Typically cheap scopes don't dial well or have the same glass as more expensive, if they break will you have a warranty?
    I've never used a Vector scope, but they all look like knock offs of other makes, the descriptions of them on their website do not inspire confidence.

Athlon is a well known, well performing brand at a lower cost and is the direction I'd look for lower cost, the Vortex Diamondback tactical also gets positive reviews.
    mikee likes this.

Is it just me or are all the people that are saying the scopes are crap have never used them, and the ones that have used them/own them think they're great?

I've got 2 of the paragon 5-25's....managed to kill 1 that was on my 22lr which i believe was through trying to adjust windage when the elevation was at its extremities plus it had lived on my lite weight 300wsm for 2 yrs prior.
    With the 2 i have the adjustments are accurate, they dial and return to zero reliably, glass is pretty clear and I really like the reticle with its open centre.
    Downside is they're bloody big scopes due mostly to having 56mm objectives.

I have always liked to try the new and different (but not cheap). It led me to Tract 'scopes which I rate up with the best.

These are getting some interest in the States and good initial reviews. Not my cup of tea because I'm not into mils.

https://arkenopticsusa.com/Optics-c34409672

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Is it just me or are all the people that are saying the scopes are crap have never used them, and the ones that have used them/own them think they're great?
    I notice it as well
    will.i.em and blip like this.

Cheers for the input guys. Keep it coming. Sounds like they are a viable low cost option. The reason I am looking vector is due to the mag ranges they offer at a good price. Would love to handle one. I think possibly why these and other scopes are not popular in New Zealand is because it's had to lay hands on one without buying one.
    I have to end scope as well. Vx6 etc but it's hard to justify another one to the wife for a rifle she doesn't know exists haha.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    I've got 2 of the paragon 5-25's....managed to kill 1 that was on my 22lr which i believe was through trying to adjust windage when the elevation was at its extremities plus it had lived on my lite weight 300wsm for 2 yrs prior.
    With the 2 i have the adjustments are accurate, they dial and return to zero reliably, glass is pretty clear and I really like the reticle with its open centre.
    Downside is they're bloody big scopes due mostly to having 56mm objectives.
    Did you get the broken one fixed or replaced under warranty?

Where are these scopes for sale? I can't see any retailers in NZ or online?