Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Very Cool Product for Remington and Mossberg Owners

your last sentnece is illogical given its already established these items or variants thereof are deemed illegal.
    whilst your ned kelly type aspiration is admirable ,as a generalised tactical defiance I suspect Its gonna be met with even more odiumfrom the great illiterate and erudite anti gunners ,misinformation and hysteria and displays of sledgehammer vs peanut by elements of police!
    Marty Henry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigunguy View Post
    Yes, absolutely. The likes of Nash and Cahill are going to do everything in their power to end lawful gun ownership in New Zealand no matter what.
    There is nothing we can do that will make them attack us any more than they already are, so we might as well enjoy what's left of our rights while we can.
    You also have to remember that even if a given item is banned later, the police will never confiscate all of them. They're going to get way less than half of the prohibited firearms as it is.
    The more we get out on the market now, the more will stay in circulation long term. The more there are in circulation, the better chance they have of staying legal.
    Even if they did only get half the prohibited firearms under the present system they will get the balance of them over a period of time...and that goes for any item legal now and illegal later.

Looks like a badly designed sex toy that didn't sell very well so they drilled a hole in the end, threw in a bolt and called it a butt stock.......looks more like a butt plug to me.

Another one for the Mall ninja's , Gangsta's and bad Mo Fo's

tell you what KGG ...you buy one and fit it to your shotty,fire off a box of steel shot and report back to us how much you love the product then......if you can still type that is.
    zimmer, viper and mimms2 like this.

And this is why we're losing. Too many people are temporarily happy with what they can keep as long as 'the other guy' only has his stuff taken or stopped, because I'm alright Jack and wot that guy is doing / buying / collecting / shooting is risible / silly / looks bad / embarrasses me. End result: by the time I'm not alright - oops, no-one left to support me.

There are some things in the shooting arena of sport that interest me less than a root canal, and other things that I'd be embarrassed to be seen doing. But that is of absolutely no relevance because no-one makes me. Why should I care? All power to whoever wants to do whatever is safe and fun and hurts no-one - and does not raid my wallet to pay for it sez I.
    norsk likes this.

not the point at all.......pistol grips on shotguns are a clusterfuck of an idea,always have been and always will be. a shotgun is a short range weapon that it thrown to SHOULDER aimed intintively and fired quickly.....thats how they work.full stop.
    recoil with a shotgun round is savage from my old maual...12ga trap load in 7 3/4lb gun 20.65 ftlb 12ga game load 7 3/4 lb gun 30.8ftlb.....modern steel make these look tame
    for comparison a poohseventy in 8lb rifle gives out 16.88ftlb and guys complain they kick like shit.
    so .12ga is nearly twice that and this fella is suggesting no shoulder/one hand to take recoil is GREATEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD...... on multiple forums too.
    if some young fella bought and fitted one...a major flinch problem would be likely result that takes a LONG HARD EFFORT to overcome.

these things may have a place and a purpose...but in a hunting situation...yeah nah not on your nelly.
    viper likes this.

The only use I can think of for aforesaid grip is if you flew helo's over crocodile infested areas in Oz.

A pump 12 ga with a shortie handle like yer man's advertising would be an asset.

In a forced landing situation, it would be a handy thing to have tucked away, and be able to haul out and shove up the left nostril of any croc investigating the wreckage.

In the abscence of croc's here, I personally will not be buying one.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

northdude
    12g dildo

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    The only use I can think of for aforesaid grip is if you flew helo's over crocodile infested areas in Oz.

A pump 12 ga with a shortie handle like yer man's advertising would be an asset.

In a forced landing situation, it would be a handy thing to have tucked away, and be able to haul out and shove up the left nostril of any croc investigating the wreckage.

In the abscence of croc's here, I personally will not be buying one.
    These croc's even though they look like they have had the shit shot out of them with 00 buck are still alive and kicking

Name:  IMG_2888.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  470.4 KB
    akaroa1 and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    These croc's even though they look like they have had the shit shot out of them with 00 buck are still alive and kicking

Attachment 125235
    I have to say, that patterned pretty well.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Whoar. Not even wearing socks.

Summertime now so no socks, last week I was still wearing socks with them.

I have to say that even a year ago I would have looked at that and wondered why anyone would want one. But that is my opinion. For me I cant really see any practical hunting or recreational shooting purpose that it would fill. The ability to shoot the firearm accurately/ precisely would be heavily compromised IMO. To me it just looks like a flasher version of a sawn off and they only have one purpose. Concealment. I firmly believe that we must stand united, but I also think that we have to be rational and reasonable about what is suitable to have here. Just because we can have something does it mean we should? There is a happy rational medium somewhere between single shots and bump stocks. For me I am more concerned about who has certain types of weapon rather than what they are. The E cat was a great system and more robust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    I have to say that even a year ago I would have looked at that and wondered why anyone would want one. But that is my opinion. For me I cant really see any practical hunting or recreational shooting purpose that it would fill. The ability to shoot the firearm accurately/ precisely would be heavily compromised IMO. To me it just looks like a flasher version of a sawn off and they only have one purpose. Concealment. I firmly believe that we must stand united, but I also think that we have to be rational and reasonable about what is suitable to have here. Just because we can have something does it mean we should? There is a happy rational medium somewhere between single shots and bump stocks. For me I am more concerned about who has certain types of weapon rather than what they are. The E cat was a great system and more robust.
    We should absolutely have stuff like this. If you want one or are even just mildly curious, get one. Make the most of living in a free country while you can.
    We can't allow the standard to be what we have a "need" for; if things get to that point, we're screwed. What does anyone really "need" beyond food, water, and shelter?
    If you are more concerned about who has weapons than what type of weapons licence holders have, how could you support E Category?
    That whole category was based upon restricting types of firearms just because they look scary or hold "too many" rounds.
    You're either fit and proper or you aren't. There is no such thing as being trustworthy with some types of firearms but not others.
    That is why the Arms Act 1983 didn't have E Category in it. We need to focus our efforts on getting back to the laws as passed in 1983.
    They worked very well for a very long time, so let's get them back.
    "An experienced shooter of limited skill and dangerous enthusiasm." -Hitman: Blood Money newspaper

It has no practical use that I can imagine except possibly if you need to use a shotgun as a replacement for a hockey stick.
    dannyb likes this.

Sadly, I have to agree that we need to look at every product from now on through a lens of how it will make us look as firearm owners.

This product makes a shotgun more concealable, less controllable, and therefore more suited to criminal purposes. It is no good for 3-gun, because accuracy suffers. Bailed pig? You stand a better chance of offing your dogs. Crocs near a downed helicopter? A short .44 lever action or even a pistol would be a better option. This just makes us look like the nutters Nash says we are.
    Konev and Manchester like this.