Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Vixen scopes

Brilliant optics, i own one of the v3 models. Amazing glass, shits over my leupold vx3 in the same magnification and price point. Highly reccomend. Bought mine from Jodie @ Scopeuout. Best person to deal with

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Make_lead_fly View Post
    Brilliant optics, i own one of the v3 models. Amazing glass, shits over my leupold vx3 in the same magnification and price point. Highly reccomend. Bought mine from Jodie @ Scopeuout. Best person to deal with
    Can you elaborate which VX3 and which V3? And how much were they?

Vixen v3 1-6x24 ($1289) illuminated dot duplex reticle vs vx3hd 1.5-5x20 ($1150) i find the glass clarity much better on vixen, but that could be due to slightly bigger objective, the zoom dial smoother, the added illuminated dot is a plus and the clicks more positive. All round i give it the thumbs up, downside is its not quite as sleek as the leupold, the eyebox on the vixen is slightly larger

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Thanks for your reply, it intrigued me. I looked into Vixen a bit moore and the VX3HD. Here are some points that people may find useful:

* VX3HD price in NZ is significantly inflated. Leupold may or may not be blamed for this. It could be the distributor milking Leupold' brand loyalty here. The basic VX3HD 1.5-5 duplex model is only ~450 USD in the states. that translates into about 680 NZD. We are being asked to pay more than 50% higher prices.

* in contrast, Vixens in NZ seem to be priced either at, or below their foreign prices. This is no uncommon - international players who are not recognised in NZ trying to break into the market by offering slightly discounted price. Delta and IRay have been doing that too, as we have seen Sarvo's frequent posts.

* Vixen V-III model seems to be discontiued elsewhere yet NZ retailers still sell them. it is possible that we are selling/buying discontinued stock at discounted rate. The current model appears to be called Performance 1-6x24. it is about twice the price of VX3HD 1.5-5 on USA/EU based sites. (900~1000 USD/Euro).

* Vixen does not seem to care about its rifle scope business, so much so that it has no official English webpage. Vixen's official .co.jp website (which is in English) does not have details about their rifle scopes. Vixen has a Germany based European site which does focus on rifle scopes but it is all in German. While this is not necessarily an indication of bad product, it does leave you wonder how much are they are invested in their scope business.

Anyway, bottom line is V-III seem to be a bargain for Kiwis, if you want a 1-6, grab a bargain while they last.
    Moa Hunter likes this.