Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Vortex Guarantee can't be faulted

Iv had 2 issues with them, both sorted easily with an email to US office. First was a Razor LH that was sent with the wrong reticle and was going to take forever to replace, the second more recent was a replacement turret cap. Extravision said it was outdated and not available so I emailed the US again . They sent me a cap, dial and retainer plus a second spare cap and must have fizzed up the Aus dealer as they sent me another cap as well all free.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Sent a scope off to them before xmas. Never heard or seen again. Did contact the outfit it was sent to in Auckland to make sure it arrived, which it appears it has. Woman there said the agent only comes over from oz a couple of times a year to sort a pile of warranty stuff. They don't answer my emails so thinking it's time to flick one to the US and let them know so far their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Or maybe life time guarantee means that's how long it takes to get sorted?

Sounds like our Aussie cousins need a great big fuckin’ kick up the arse.

All the negative feedback so far in this thread is entirely in line with my own personal experiences. But the upper end of their product range stands up well. Remember when all we ever heard about was how shit the Leupold service was? You get my drift, eh.
    Shadowsol likes this.
    Just...say...the...word

Must put my hand up and say I haven't followed it up as much as I probably should have. Just flicked them another email and if no reply then I'll try the the US and let them know what I think of our Aussie cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by r87mm View Post
    Must put my hand up and say I haven't followed it up as much as I probably should have. Just flicked them another email and if no reply then I'll try the the US and let them know what I think of our Aussie cousins.
    Go straight to the head office with your concerns. Your money wasn't slow to respond!!! Pm me if you want Vortex's International and Dealer manager's email. Top bloke to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by r87mm View Post
    When you email the Vortex US office - CC the local distributor - can almost guarantee it will be actioned immediately because they will not want to risk losing the distributor licence by not following the brands promises

their warranty seems to be bullet proof - perhaps the local distributor may be hard to deal with (cant say) but as a brand i've seen them replace things no questions asked - house fire damage - replace, range finder left in the bush and found a year later - after snow melt - replaced, vehicle damge replaced.
    I am looking at a Vortex for one of my rifles soon - bang for buck looks good and they stand by their product. I like Leupold, but to match a Viper PST or even the newish Strike Eagle you have to spend a lot with Leupold, NF, SB etc

I'm thinking i'll put the 5-25x56 Strike Eagle (34mm tube) on my RPR 6.5cm when I free up some funds - $1389 thats a lot of scope for the money

I’ve had good experiences with the warranty I’ve just gone through the shops I purchased through, I had a gen 1 viper with issues and they let me know it would be 2 month wait but I would be getting a gen 2 in exchange that was about 2 yrs ago though

yip thats good service alright.....FINALLY other companies have twigged they need to do it or Joe Public will just buy leupold.... for lifetime guarantee if nothing else.

Waited around 18mths for my scope to be warrantied, then they had stopped producing them and wanted to charge me to upgrade to the newer model. Took a lot of fighting. Got a new scope.
    Won't buy anymore Vortex.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Waited around 18mths for my scope to be warrantied, then they had stopped producing them and wanted to charge me to upgrade to the newer model. Took a lot of fighting. Got a new scope.
    Won't buy anymore Vortex.
    Was that the Australians or Americans @cambo?
    Just...say...the...word

Good to hear the warranty was well honoured , I have 3 vipers, 2 Diamondbacks and so far all are going well. I am looking at replacing the one on my 300 Win Mag with a VX 5 shortly. For the money you pay Vortex scopes are excellent value.
    Feral likes this.

Dan
    My experience with Extravision replacements under warranty has also been good.

My Barrett model 99 keeps munting Viper PSTs, and each time an email to Extravision (Helpful fella named Goran) has gotten me a new one pretty quick - Mostly issues with reticle debris floating around in the tube and parallax turrets going inop on me.

Despite what the marketing people told me, the mid range Viper stuff isn’t up to dealing with 50BMG and I’ve moved on to a Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Was that the Australians or Americans @cambo?
    Extravision is the Aussie / Australasian distributor for our region. All sales and warranty go through them (unless its has been parallel imported via the US).
    Haven't tried the 'Muricans as the product wasn't purchased through them.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh