Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Waitaki Engineering Suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Cool. Do they come in black?

I do believe so

Jakewire can testify to the effect of mine also.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    yip. Made a heck of a difference to the AR

Have had one of waitaki engineering overbarrel suppressors on my 6.5x55 for approx 6 months my daughter shot her first deer with it at christmas 280 yards 1st shot went above 2nd, 3rd, 4th all around the deer which moved approx 5 metres while all this was going on 5th shot straight though the chest another deer 100 yards up the hill didn't even move, my brother in law who thought suppressors were a waste of money now has one of these on his 308.I was that impressed just got another 2, one overbarrel for my 204 and one for my .17hmr just tried them out on the weekend what a difference can't believe how well they work, leave the ear muffs at home now.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Have had one of waitaki engineering overbarrel suppressors on my 6.5x55 for approx 6 months my daughter shot her first deer with it at christmas 280 yards 1st shot went above 2nd, 3rd, 4th all around the deer which moved approx 5 metres while all this was going on 5th shot straight though the chest another deer 100 yards up the hill didn't even move, my brother in law who thought suppressors were a waste of money now has one of these on his 308.I was that impressed just got another 2, one overbarrel for my 204 and one for my .17hmr just tried them out on the weekend what a difference can't believe how well they work, leave the ear muffs at home now.
    Interested to see pics of the setup on the 6.5x55?

Will take a photo tomorrow night for ya Pop Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Shot View Post
    Interested to see pics of the setup on the 6.5x55?
    +1

No Website?

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I've had mine from Mark for a month or more now, I chose an overbarrel one as I wanted quietest possible.
    Put it on the Finn Light, it's fired exactly 59 rds, no problems, sure cuts the noise of a 120BT going out at 2900+.Spent the afternoon at the range firing 140gr Amax out of it.
    I posted a picture of it awhile ago in a thread someone started wanting to know about sako ring height
    Aye did I read this correctly, Owen did you buy a Can & shit it sounds like you like it, welcome to the 21st century mate
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    75 rounds through it, no failure. Got it way too hot to touch. Takes a lot of 'boom' out of the 14.5" .223
    What kinda gas system you running gimp, standard?

Wasnt there issues with the ones the cops were running?

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    What kinda gas system you running gimp, standard?

Wasnt there issues with the ones the cops were running?
    From what I've heard (from a well known gunsmith, I won't name names, nor can I claim his view point is gospel), the issues came from the Bushmasters, more so than the suppressors. The increased pressure was resulting in the bolts breaking at the cam pin hole prematurely. Bushmaster don't HPT/MPI inspect their bolts individually (last I heard) meaning the risk of a sub standard or flawed one getting into circulation is increased. Running a can on an AR can significantly increase the back pressure and chamber pressure. Running one on a carbine length gas system is even worse, as it is already over gassed to begin with - the chamber pressure is high as the bolt unlocks, meaning the lugs get torn out of the barrel extension, putting them under a lot of stress. Some manufactures exasperate this even more by drilling the gas ports too large, so the rifles will cycle with crappy under powered ammo like Wolf. I guess an adjustable gas block would be a sensible fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    From what I've heard (from a well known gunsmith, I won't name names, nor can I claim his view point is gospel), the issues came from the Bushmasters, more so than the suppressors. The increased pressure was resulting in the bolts breaking at the cam pin hole prematurely. Bushmaster don't HPT/MPI inspect their bolts individually (last I heard) meaning the risk of a sub standard or flawed one getting into circulation is increased. Running a can on an AR can significantly increase the back pressure and chamber pressure. Running one on a carbine length gas system is even worse, as it is already over gassed to begin with - the chamber pressure is high as the bolt unlocks, meaning the lugs get torn out of the barrel extension, putting them under a lot of stress. Some manufactures exasperate this even more by drilling the gas ports too large, so the rifles will cycle with crappy under powered ammo like Wolf. I guess an adjustable gas block would be a sensible fix.

Thank you, wise advise, I was looking at a full piston kit but adjustable gas blocked run at about $99 US, wasnt sure if they would completely fix the problem but hey may as well grab one in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    Thank you, wise advise, I was looking at a full piston kit but adjustable gas blocked run at about $99 US, wasnt sure if they would completely fix the problem but hey may as well grab one in the near future.
    Actually there are some nice $56US ones.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Aye did I read this correctly, Owen did you buy a Can & shit it sounds like you like it, welcome to the 21st century mate
    I've been waiting for shit from you since I posted the photo , thought I'd gotten away with it.

Owen Owen Owen, welcome to the real world, next a pretty black one on that delux
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Here's a Picture of my 6.5x55 Name:  IMG_0007.JPG
Views: 2508
Size:  58.7 KB