Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Waitaki Engineering Suppressor

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Here's a Picture of my 6.5x55 Attachment 792
    what there overbarrels weight?

The overbarrel on my T3 is the 350mm long version weighing around 650 grams on the kitchen scales, they also make a shorter version 300mm long not sure of the weight.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I've been waiting for shit from you since I posted the photo , thought I'd gotten away with it.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

650g is a club not a suppressor........
    DAF and Spanners like this.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    what there overbarrels weight?
    Does it come with wheels?
    Spanners likes this.

My Santa Fe will tow it if they have a draw bar....

Being serious, my maximus is 670g, but its 50mm round and hanging on a 4kg varming rifle, weight is not an issue.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

I agree about weight not being a issue when my kids shooting the rifle I want something safe screwed on the end. Makes me wonder how these hunters who complain about the extra weight of a stainless suppressor as opposed to an alloy one manage to carry the meat or head out after shooting an animal.
    Wirehunt likes this.

AB Precision
    I agree about weight not being a issue when my kids shooting the rifle I want something safe screwed on the end. Makes me wonder how these hunters who complain about the extra weight of a stainless suppressor as opposed to an alloy one manage to carry the meat or head out after shooting an animal.
    +1

but then its hard to carry a animal out when you behind the computer hunting
    Spanners and kimjon like this.

2 stainless steel suppressors, and 2 logs you can make yaself a Flintstones car and drive out.
    Spanners likes this.

Different people hunt and shoot in diferent ways.Some go hard and high for days where 650gms actually matters and some shoot from the back of a ute.I know its hard to believe but some even shoot standing up as our forfathers did and 650grms on the end of a light rifle is just arse.
    And it's a T3 Light you use?
    kimjon likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Different people hunt and shoot in diferent ways.Some go hard and high for days where 650gms actually matters and some shoot from the back of a ute.I know its hard to believe but some even shoot standing up as our forfathers did and 650grms on the end of a light rifle is just arse.
    And it's a T3 Light you use?
    I agree Sneeze different people hunt in different ways, but if 650 grams "actually mattered" you wouldn't have a suppressor on your rifle when you go high so how doe's that relate to my statement about stainless vs alloy.
    And by the way you need to harden up if u can't hold up 650 grams on the end of a T3 taking a standing freehand shot not that I could hold it up like that for half an hour but for a snap shot no problem weight helps keep steady and for 1300 dollars what flavour rifle would you buy new that is as reliable, accurate, ss synthetic workhorse the lite part was just the way it came, the rifle + suppressor weighs approx the same as my old parker & hale 270 I use to hunt with.

OK Ill put it this way, you have a T3 and a 650grm suppressor and your happy,thats cool.But that dosnt mean everyone else has to settle for the same. Industry is market driven, if we just accept whats on offer thats what we will get, if people push for a better lighter product then in time it will come and the bennefits of a suppressed rifle can be enjoyed by those that are weight concious as well.
    You are right about a bit of weight making offhand shooing easier but my comment about 650grms on a T3 wasnt directed at the over all weight it is the balance thats arse,if you had met me you would realize that I have no trouble holding a rifle with a little heft.And hardening up is what you do when you cant find a better way.
    Proudkiwi likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

yes, they come in black

Ejected
    Fuck the lighter product. Will the fucking thing be in one piece when it goes flying?

These are good cans that handle some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Its me!!! View Post
    yes, they come in black
    Nice revival of a dead thread for your first post