Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: Wank factor

I shudder to think of the amount of money I've pissed away on guns. Years ago when I lived with my parents I dreamt about owning all the shit I do now. I only had a couple of skody .22's, a maverick, a tikka, a saiga and an sks. I had the run of shooting on the farm and was out almost every day blasting rabbits n shit. Now I have god knows how much of gear and really just wouldn't mind the old days blasting rabbits with the .22.

Shit yeah, get one rifle and just shoot stuff with it

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I put together a tacticool sks

Drag stock, huge scope, offset red dot, can, bipod, camp paint.

In my defence I was a teenager at the time, almost half my life ago
    Ditto haha, I think it is compulsory when you first get your license to pimp out an SKS.

It was better to look at than shoot!
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy69a View Post
    Ditto haha, I think it is compulsory when you first get your license to pimp out an SKS.

It was better to look at than shoot!
    I must be some kind of reble then... only had hunting rifles and a hunting shotgun.
    gadgetman and Gibo like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Bought a chinese m14....it ejects brass directly rearward. No fun at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Dead is better likes this.

Oh man here we go....bought a folding stock for my Mossberg shottie!!!!!! Convinced myself I could take off the barrel and fit everything into my backpack, two years later and it hadn't seen the light of day.....it's gone, but the embarrassment remains......It had real want factor though.....I was 'harder than algebra'.....
    kimjon and JRW87 like this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    .... I guess cleaning out my old mans shed when he died taught me a lesson ....
    Come on, haven't you heard the saying " He who dies with the most toys wins"?

Reminds me- need to complete the cataloguing of my guns in case I tip over. The Boss could well give them away if I didn't have the info at hand for her

Quote Originally Posted by 6x47 View Post
    Come on, haven't you heard the saying " He who dies with the most toys wins"?

Reminds me- need to complete the cataloguing of my guns in case I tip over. The Boss could well give them away if I didn't have the info at hand for her
    Especially if she sells them for what you told her you paid for them!!!

My Broken Eotech (still in its box) sits where I see it everytime I open my reloading cupboard to remind me not to be a twat.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Walther G22, can't remeber how much I paid; but I didn't have it for long and sold it when the Police changed thier mind about pistol grips...

A G22 is still A cat isn't it? I didn't have my license back then so I guess I missed out on the uncertainty.

I have a giggle at the guys who spend thousands putting 4wd accessories on their trucks, but rarely, if ever take them off road. Tradies seem to be the worst. Because they venture onto a greasy building site from time to time they need big mud tyres, a winch in an ARB bar and a snorkel Although in saying that, they generally are the trucks you want to buy second hand, because they've hard the work done to them but haven't been used!
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

I build a rifle for tahr shooting, 280rem with a 2.5-25 march scope on it thinking it was just what I needed, that was more than 2 years ago and Iv used it once on a deer at 50m
    jakewire, 7mmsaum, Blaser and 2 others like this.

the main problem with is is I live in the very top of the wrong island for tahr shooting now........

oh yea then there is my cascade night vision debacle.....
    I should just stop
    7mmsaum, Scouser and grunzter like this.

Snow sweat diamond pattern tyre chains .

4 wheels worth . I could hardly lift them off the ground . Took 30 minutes- to put them on. Had somany topological Conformations Mobius himself would have been baffled .

Took them back.to the shop emailed company CEO and stood my ground. Negotiated an exchange for the sissy "Easy fit" Model which are great . And a $200 refund forthe difference in price. Good on you Snow sweat.

Have since driven $5ok km but only 100 metres with the Chains .....