Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Want new gun but can't decide.

Sako Finnlight with a can and a Leupy with CDS would be my choice.
    7mmsaum likes this.
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

Although you don't like mauser actions, the CZ550 Lux is a beautiful rifle, my one in .375 has a really smooth action, although for our game here controlled feed is unnecessary. Its a pity kilwell only bring in certain models, saw an Ebony Edition .375 in SA, drool!

Depending on $$$ look at the Mauser M03, is a push feed and a switch barrel so you can keep it for ever and add calibres!

Mauser: Mauser safety system for manual cocking

Blaser R8 and Sauer 202 are also nice options (Interestingly Mauser, Blaser, Sauer, Rigby are all owned by the same company now!)
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

The CZs are amazing. I hated the action at first but felt something in my pants move every time i saw it. It was a ebony edition 527. What i think really put me off the action was hunting for a week with a ruger. It was the biggest piece of shit i have ever shot. So far i'm heading down the Finnlight path still. I am dead keen to get my hands on a kimber and CZ to look at first. Just need to find one here in CHCH.

Shit mate don't let a ruger put you off a mauser action maybe you should take a squizz and fondle of some of the other brands such as winchester etc.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    My Finn in 6.5 with the right load [and if I'm having a good day] is a very accurate rifle.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Old man has a finnlight , its an awesome gun. Shoots moa with factory ammo for a 5 shot group as guaranteed. The difference between the sakos and the tikka is that sako have all metal in them obvuiously bar the stock. They feel nice in the hand and come up to the shoulder nicely. Top load 5 shot (short action) steel magazine and decent half cock too.

I have a CZ aswell and they are a very nice rifle too, in fact I wouldn't mine a CZ carbine in 6.5

Winchester model 70?
    Neckshot likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ok I'll be one to get to shot down.....
    Your thinking sako, big $, your in the island that's full of good gun builders why not go custom?
    camo wsm and steven like this.

Not a bad option, do it on something interesting though, not a remmy 700 or tikka action! (Nothing wrong with them, just a bit boring!)
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Good idea. Never been down that road. Something to look into

The boys here would steer you in the right direction.
    VIVA LA HOWA

dude... if money is not to tight go down the road and get a sako finnlite. it will do everything you ever want a rifle to do without the heavy factor. you wont need a can as you only ever need the one shot........if you get that sako!
    Neckshot likes this.

Mate I'd grab one of kiwi Greg's if he's got any left

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

nothing wrong with a suppressed sako

The kimbers are nice rifles mate I especially like the stocks on them and are nice and light, one of my best mates has a finlite in .300 wsm its a great gun as well but its definitely heavier then mine both shoot really well I don't think you would go wrong with either, just whatever fits you best and takes your fancy.