Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: We have too many guns on our streets

Bastards should be happy, There'll be one less gun since my tooth broke. Have to give almost the price of a Remington 700 LR to my dentist to get it crowned.
    Now the long range rig looks like next years project.
    nevereadyfreddy likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Similar to how someone who had accidentally shot a toddler with a stolen sawn off shotgun to have the press jumping up and down screaming it was a pistol and citing how easy they are to get and essentially giving the anti-gun lobby false information.

If they want to pass laws against firearms based on half arsed facts and information, then why don't they pass some laws to tighten up the accuracy of media reports?

Rant over
    Macca
    Isn't it legally classified as a pistol because it's been cut down to less than 762mm?

How is the media report wrong then? (If it is legally a pistol?)

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Isn't it legally classified as a pistol because it's been cut down to less than 762mm?

Yes, legally a pistol. Media was technically correct in their reporting, but when the uneducated public hears 'pistol', they think 'handgun' rather than a rifle/shotgun cut down to below 762mm.

It was the police calling it a pistol in the first place. Then it came out it was a sawn off shotgun.

Banned
    So it was a pistol then.
    Kscott likes this.

It's was more leaned towards the anti-gun lobby using the pistol classification as ammo to attack legal users in sports such as ipsc

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Bastards should be happy, There'll be one less gun since my tooth broke. Have to give almost the price of a Remington 700 LR to my dentist to get it crowned.
    Now the long range rig looks like next years project.
    Thats how I relate my dentist bills too. Must ask him if he has a gun license, then I could pay him with guns or ammo and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by nevereadyfreddy View Post
    Thats how I relate my dentist bills too. Must ask him if he has a gun license, then I could pay him with guns or ammo and stuff
    What really gets me is that we pay for their boats but they don't even take us out for a fish or dive.
    veitnamcam, Gapped axe and 223nut like this.

Banned
    It's was more leaned towards the anti-gun lobby using the pistol classification as ammo to attack legal users in sports such as ipsc
    How? Can you shoot ipsc with a sawn off shotgun? Even if it is a pistol.

Clearly what is happening is that some firearm enthusiests freak out if anything negative is said or reported about their potentially dangerous toys.
    Savage1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    What really gets me is that we pay for their boats but they don't even take us out for a fish or dive.
    Mine has a shiny new land rover defender all done up for 4wding, never had an invite to go out and join him with my truck!
    Steve123 likes this.

How? Can you shoot ipsc with a sawn off shotgun? Even if it is a pistol.

Clearly what is happening is that some firearm enthusiests freak out if anything negative is said or reported about their potentially dangerous toys.
    Pretty much. When the bias is obvious I'll take whatever oppurtunity to put the boot in.
    AzumitH likes this.

100% paranoid bollocks. Media reported what the Police released - his holding charge was unlawful possession of a pistol, which is what a firearm with a barrel less than 762mm actually is. It was after he was remanded in custody by a judge over this charge was it upgraded due to the death of the child.

Keep an eye on - News | New Zealand Police - you can even sign up for email alerts.

If folks want to make a complaint over inaccurate news stories on tv, go to Broadcasting Complaints: Making a Complaint | BSA If you have a complaint about newspaper and online, go to Independent Forum for Resolving Complaints
    res likes this.

Banned
    I find it sad that some people are more outraged over the way the firearm used was (accurately) described, than the death of a two year old.
    Savage1, res and WallyR like this.

I find it sad that some people are more outraged over the way the firearm used was (accurately) described, than the death of a two year old.
    I think that is an inaccurate comment, given the nature of discussion on this forum, it is inevitable that there will be a focus on the firearm.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    The death of a two year old is tragic in the extreme regardless of the circumstances that lead to it. The discussion in this thread does not diminish that tragedy.
    AzumitH, mikee and timattalon like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms