Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is the actual process for sending a firearm

I've had stuff recently sent through H&F, and other times I've filled in the forms and had stuff sent here. One guy just wanted a photo of my FAL emailed to him; he was a copper. Sent him the forms anyway c/o the police station. Doesn't really worry me what info they want.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Still waiting on the email with the information in it

He is the seller. Why should I have to verify he has a forearms licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Great op to go to Queenstown for a bit of R +R and a bit of hunting, where's the prob
    Mate I'd bloody love to sadly I can't get time away from work for at least a month likely more

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Still waiting on the email with the information in it

He is the seller. Why should I have to verify he has a forearms licence?
    It is just easier to do what you are told....

They are all different, one of the locals just confirms I have a licence & sends me away with only that filled out, the rest of the form is blank.

When I'm selling, I give the buyer the Make, Model & serial number of the rifle, my name, address, & FAL.

I ask him to scan it if he can be bothered & email it to me, then I get him to send the original to me, he has my address.

If I'm buying, I send my name, address, FAL then I scan, email it & send it to them if they want it.

I like to have the original, then I can prove I have done everything I can to ensure the buyer has a FAL if at any stage it turns pear shaped, which it probably never will but ....

It is very simple & straight forward to do, it may be a little inconvenient if you live a wee way away from a Police station, but such is life.

Whenever I get anything sent, AO just asks what it is to list on form, (Remington 308 or Winchester 22lr ammo etc) puts down my details and prints out on police letterhead the form. Signs it then crosses out the rest of the spaces, I guess so can't hand write anything extra onto form.
    I usually just take a photo of the form with my phone and email to the seller.
    A few have been a pain in the arse wanting the original, but very rare

I don't think I have ever filled out the sellers details ever on one of those forms. Is irrelevant where it is coming from really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Whats the problem with getting those details for the form? You have already been in touch with the guy... If its too much hassle you could leave it to the next highest bidder
    the problem is, he wont provide me with his name or FAL number (or anything) untill I pay him quoting that it is "sensitive information" and he wont give it until the money is in his bank

I get a little worried when someone wont tell me their name or give their phone number until money has been deposited, so its a bit of a mexican stand off at the moment.

who knows mate, it may end up on trademe again if this dosent end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydendev View Post

I don't think I have ever filled out the sellers details ever on one of those forms. Is irrelevant where it is coming from really.
    Exactly

the problem is, he wont provide me with his name or FAL number (or anything) untill I pay him quoting that it is "sensitive information" and he wont give it until the money is in his bank

I get a little worried when someone wont tell me their name or give their phone number until money has been deposited, so its a bit of a mexican stand off at the moment.

Ah that's a bit shit. Maybe get him to ring your cop station with details or something?

I have been asked for the sellers details before, I think it is the exact wording of the process the cops have to do but most AO's realize its not as important as the buyer being licensed and that point being proven true....

Walk away from the deal, whole thing sounds too dodgy. It's "sensitive information" ffs, who does he think he is ? Bin Laden or something ?! His info is already registered with the Police anyway.

I walked into North Shore Police this morning, spent 5 minutes giving info and after it was typed into the computer, they hit print, signed it and gave it back to me. It was more frustrating and slower trying to get a car park than fill in the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Walk away from the deal, whole thing sounds too dodgy. It's "sensitive information" ffs, who does he think he is ? Bin Laden or something ?! His info is already registered with the Police anyway.
    +1 sounds too much like you will never hear of him again if you send the money.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

yep he just told me now that if the money isnt in his bank when he checks it tomorro he is going to sell the action to someone locally
    still no name or phone number. he has all my details including a photo of me holding my firearms licence and a police verification form signed by the local police

YEP today is just one of those days.

dodgy as fuck or he is trying his hardest to weezel his way out of this deal

Just say to him that if he can't help with information for the police then the money will not be in the bank till you have his details if he is refusing then he has something to hide
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

no money will be transferred till I know who he is, no first or last name no $$$

dodgy as fuck or he is trying his hardest to weezel his way out of this deal
    Report him to Trade Me and the cops....

haha How can I? I dont even know his name hahahahaha

Ill see if he pulls his head in by this time tomorrow, otherwise yea big waste of my time