Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is your gong set up like? size/type/distance etc

Banned
    Its almost the size of a barn door.It would have good harmonics id guess

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Na mate thats 1060, they are all the same size, but as you can see they get hit in the right place
    Black is saucer size.
    Its not about the size of the target for me it's about where you can hit it and in what conditions you can do it.
    Pretty hard to see what's happing in the wind at 1000+ with a saucer sized gong
    Just my opinion thow .
    I hear ya the size of my plates are governed by my wallet size aswell, id get bigger ones but to bloody exspensive. And that plate at 1400 yards would look a whole lot smaller aswell

Hey sorry if this is dumb question but - where I shoot the "backdrop" is a bit "inhabited" - mainly by people who would moan comprehensively if they were shot. Its fine for paper punching because I can be sure of the berm, but plates??

Do they generate ricochets ??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Hey sorry if this is dumb question but - where I shoot the "backdrop" is a bit "inhabited" - mainly by people who would moan comprehensively if they were shot. Its fine for paper punching because I can be sure of the berm, buue theyt plates??

Do they generate ricochets ??
    Yea they sure do you don't really Want to be closer than 100 yards to be safe
    When I've shot.gong shoots with gillie anything under 100yrds he uses plastic which works.well.
    Last edited by Neckshot; 02-09-2013 at 04:30 PM.

My gong is pretty large (sorry Toby there is no way I can write that without it sounding like I'm talking about my penis), at about 400mmx400mm. It's made from mild steel so best to keep all shots at 500m plus.

Like Brads has said I too like being able to see how the wind effects the shots and being on the larger size I can see how the wind effects my shot. But I don't shoot anywhere near as far as Brads, so I can get away with half the size/cost.

kj

Saying you're large only has effect on R93

I use 150x150s 300x300s and 500x500. The 300s out to 500yrds and the 500s further. The 150s are used at all distances for showing off.

I normally shoot at brads but have a couple of smaller ones set up on a few farms. Unfortunately seem to be loosing access to a couple of them.

shit brads you have the ideal setup, just wont be able to justify the cost of one of those suckers at the moment. Ye LR i saw the conveyor belt attachment set up on another site, that definetely looked the business.

would a 338edge hole 20mm mild at 1000?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    shit brads you have the ideal setup, just wont be able to justify the cost of one of those suckers at the moment. Ye LR i saw the conveyor belt attachment set up on another site, that definetely looked the business.

would a 338edge hole 20mm mild at 1000?
    Umm id say no but after a lot of hits it would get thru??.what do the lr fullas reckon? KG might know I think they have some 25mm plates that are mild pm them.

AB Precision
    Wouldn't get close on 20mm mild at 1000

We just have mild at out 'Gallery #1' an 'Gallery #2' ranges 12mm 11"x11" on the 400-900m one an 15"x15" on the 850-1500m one The edges hole the 12mm after 3-4 on each other at 740m but just replace it with more when its holed up