Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Whats up with T3 sellers on trademe?

northdude
    I'll give it a go seems to do it consistanly the savage will shoot as well to
    mikee likes this.

Fun thread...some prices asked for rifles is often too high for used equipment and Tikka are over represented, but there's no difference to prices asked for used cars is there. Some people ask crazy money for average cars.
    I have owned and sold old M590 and M595 Tikkas before they were a dirty word...awesome .308s.
    But now I own 3x T3s and want to buy a Rem 700 just to compare. I also agree that any rifle which doesn't shoot sub MOA 'out of the box' these days is a bad joke and the manufacturer should be ridiculed for wasting anyone's time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    OK you can use my 375WsM, unbraked and un-suppressed just to make sure you are paying attention.
    Haha he shoot a 338 unbreaked lol

OK you can use my 375WsM, unbraked and un-suppressed just to make sure you are paying attention.
    yep still keen!
    my first ever rifle was a very light 30-06. so I just kept on shooting thinking huge recoil was normal!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    mikee likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Second hand, fair enough, but the price of a new stock from the importer is so high you'd be tempted to buy another whole rifle. Which adds to the feeling that Tikka minimise production costs wherever possible, and manufacturing extra stocks is a big hassle for them. At least with Remington/Savage you have aftermarket triggers and stocks everywhere
    wow I m in I have a few Tikka stocks used but great nick .I m sitting on the future retirement package fellas

This week only they are on special .Get in quick $1000.00 ea. Free freight mind you

As for triggers have a Rem whose trigger sucked so badly balloons deflated as you walked past

Tikka umm just use your guage and undo the adjuster till its 2.5 lbs or whatever .Drop of Loctite and your hard earned 3 hundy plus is still in your wallet...

We all like what we like. Got plenty of both..
    veitnamcam, gadgetman, GWH and 2 others like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

GWH
    It might shoot MOA but most of the owners might be hard pressed to prove it if put on the spot at the range......................at least in my experience.
    My tikkas shoot pretty good, well under moa, one is normally .5 moa or better. But a couple of my Remington model 7's shoot ok too....

Heres my mod 7 .223 at 400 yards

https://youtu.be/-XYPwfgtXRU

Happy is right about the T3 triggers tho, they are so much easier to lighten down yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Mind you I have seen a few Savages that fall into the category of this thread on TM lately too.
    I suppose the other thing to consider is the difference between what people list for & what things will actually sell for. Not necessarily the same thing. Although in saying that, I pocketed $1400 for my near new Savage 16 .270 recently. But that was for the whole caboodle- suppressed, good quality optics, several boxes of ammo, bipod, case, sling, cleaning kit etc. Second hand rifle with basic optics wouldn't be worth a grand.

Shot well, & alongside a T3 I do rate the Savage 16s. Bought mine brand new & it shot sub MOA first time out of the box with both SSTs & PPU. Mine was accustocked. Basically same price as a T3 new. I do like the floorplate mag rather than a detachable box too. Pretty hardy too- mine survived a fall that left me with 2 fractured vertebrae & all it sustained was a tiny scratch a couple of mills long.

Interesting read, having moved to ozzy a few years ago and using a rifle for a living i noticed a huge change in marketing and what people liked.
    Given nz is more hunting baced than shooting baced i can now see why they are marketed like they are.
    Its funny, in western australia tikkas are not sort after. More people have howas , savage and winchesters ,
    What most of you call budget guns.
    I did notice a huge diffrence in peoples ideas of distance.
    Big open areas over hear so when u hear an ozzy say shot it from 300 its not 120 like what is the case in nz.

I notice one rifle pic of a basic tikka on hear that is sooting 1.5 at 400 ,35mm thats impressive, we should see you on the nz f open squad over hear at the queens this year!
    With groups like that you will be shooting 60'10 all day long
    jackson21 likes this.
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

Was it a 12 shots group?
    I am sure ozy has its fair share wannabe snipers...

Wouldnt matter if it was 12 shots or 3 , its had thousands upon thousands of round thru it and the first cold shot is identical to the last!
    Wonder if he wants to sell it ? Maybe even tm prices

Couldnt tell you if theres wanabes or not friwi.
    I dont get much social interaction out hear on the station, i sleep all day and shoot all night then suff around on sights like this when work is shit
    Hahaha
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    wow I m in I have a few Tikka stocks used but great nick .I m sitting on the future retirement package fellas

This week only they are on special .Get in quick $1000.00 ea. Free freight mind you

As for triggers have a Rem whose trigger sucked so badly balloons deflated as you walked past

Tikka umm just use your guage and undo the adjuster till its 2.5 lbs or whatever .Drop of Loctite and your hard earned 3 hundy plus is still in your wallet...

It's even easier than that, wind the grub screw out till it jams against the trigger group retention screw, finished.
    veitnamcam, GWH, northdude and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

I realise it sounds like I'm pulling your leg but I just rang Beretta NZ as I had to get a price for something else. Black synthetic RH Tikka T3X stock: $719 wholesale, excluding gst.
    But as others have pointed out; people whack a chassis on their Tikka and sell the factory stock off, second hand, for next to nothing.

It might shoot MOA but most of the owners might be hard pressed to prove it if put on the spot at the range......................at least in my experience.
    This is for you mikee
    First group on blue paper last Thursday to check zero for weekend hunt and the second group on the pink was sunday to just check return to zero.
    both groups at 203 yds with 143 eldx in a standard t3 6.5x55.
    this is why I shoot Tikkas!
    both 3 shot groups

oh and the result for Tom my 14 yr old a nice first little pig with a standing shot at 30yds!
    A proud dad

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    This is for you mikee
    First group on blue paper last Thursday to check zero for weekend hunt and the second group on the pink was sunday to just check return to zero.
    both groups at 203 yds with 143 eldx in a standard t3 6.5x55.
    this is why I shoot Tikkas!
    both 3 shot groups

zero is half a min low
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.