Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Who is interested in a pass-around for a Chinese scope?

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    No. you only pay when it is your turn.

1. the first person pays 410, I sent the scope to him;
    2, 2 or 3 weeks later, he sends it back, i check it, then I refund him 400.
    3. I let the second person know it is ready to go,
    4. the second person pays 410, I send the scope to him.
    5. rinse, repeat.

As to "the scope I received for free and make them pay for shipping". I do not understand your implied criticism/complaint. Each person pays for their own shipping so that they can play with it. They all play it for free, because the guy behind it is happy to send one to us and I am prepared to donate my time organising this.
    Last edited by Ultimitsu; 14-04-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Well it's an interesting concept and I wish you luck. Personally I don't have $400 laying about to do this.

For what it's worth. I am a litigation lawyer working in Auckland CBD. I personally think I got far better way to make money than go through all this to scam 400 dollars.

Banned
    For $400 I'd buy a second hand Leupold and keep it.

Why do you think people would want to steal a scope that's not even worth the shipping cost to their door?

for 400 to fondle something else has id rather it be a lady of the night than scope
    viper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    For what it's worth. I am a litigation lawyer working in Auckland CBD. I personally think I got far better way to make money than go through all this to scam 400 dollars.

$400 maybe a small amount to a lawyer in Auckland but it certainly is not to most members on this forum . . . you need to rethink this offer and maybe spend more time with real people
    mikee, viper and bigbear like this.
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

What's a big shot lawyer to whom money aint a thing doing getting excited about a crappy chinese scope.... personally I wouldn't care how good it seems at first impression, what really matters is 6, 12, 24 months down the track when it shits itself what sort of comeback is there going to be? I'm gonna say none...
    viper and Micky Duck like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

While not personally interested in the deal thanks for trying something new and good luck
    Puffin and Ultimitsu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Well after you've received the Chinese scope and realised that it's not for you then you can do that once you pass it on and get your $400 back and then go and buy a Leupold.

Pretty simple concept that people don't seem to grasp.

Put me down for one, might be a good one for a .22

My view on potential quality:

I own about 10 scopes in total. 2 American, 1 Japanese, rest are Chinese. The Chinese ones include Hawke, Nikkor Stirling, and Mueller. I have not yet had any Chinese scope die on me. Warranty obviously is an important consideration for purchase. When you buy from aliexpress you cannot expect much. That definitely is a con. However when you buy a mid-ranged known brand scope you also get no warranty, or at least without original receipt warranty will be a big hassle to enforce. People still buy them (secondhand scope of known brand) because the price makes it worth well. This scope, and many other Chinese brand scopes, are made by factories that makes OEM for other known brands. They spent about 15 years making scopes for Bushnell, Vortex, Hawke, Nikkor, Weaver, Mueller, etc. So they know how to make scopes. They just do not have the name power and do not get to test their own scopes with real fire arms.

On why this scope - this is a 8x zoom scope with a lot of modern features. xmas tree recticle, ed glass, pull and push turret, 30mm tube, flip cap, side focus, etc. if the IQ pans out, at 400 bucks it is very good value. Nikkon 3-15 with ED glass cost about 1100, VX5HD 3-15 cost 1700, just to name a couple known brand with these kind of features and range (obviously much more reliable on expected quality and warranty as well, but I a just comparing features here). For those who do not need this scope on a big gun, anything 223 or under, so long as it is not actually shit I do not see it getting killed by recoil. A lot of people shot Nikkor Stirling and Hawke on 308 for years and they were OK.
    veitnamcam and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I would suggest someone on here who is based in Auckland hook up with Ultimitsu and eyeball him/her. .
    Any female member under the age of 30, preferably good looking, who is looking for a good time, should apply. More than eyeballing can be expected.
    SlimySquirrel and Tommy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    What's a big shot lawyer to whom money aint a thing doing getting excited about a crappy chinese scope....

I do not get why this thing has to get so personal. I spend time trying to get some thing new and interesting for the forum. then I get accused of trying to rob people for 400 bucks (I mean, really!?). I then explain I am a working professional therefore not a thief. (without saying anything about my actual income), suddenly I am too good for this scope and the pass-around?

Damned if I do and damned if I dont.

Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    $400 maybe a small amount to a lawyer in Auckland but it certainly is not to most members on this forum . . . you need to rethink this offer and maybe spend more time with real people
    Well. my impression is that most members on this forum own better gear than myself. the most commonly talked about scopes are likes of VX5HD, NF, Zeiss. In fact most opinions in this thread is not that this scope is too expensive. but the opposite. it is too cheap and ought to be shit.

You do not spend 400 to play with the scope. You spent just your shipping cost to play with it; you put 400 up as bond and get it back when you done (in fact this particular scope is going to be used for pass-around so you cannot keep it even if you wanted too, without upsetting other people).

I think most if not all hunting and shooting hobbyists on this forum has 400 bucks to do this if they were interested.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    For once I agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BRADS and Steve123 like this.
    Dan M