Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Who Likes A Mannlicher?

Who Likes A Mannlicher?

Here's my one, a Husqvarna 1600 Mauser chambered in .243, with a full mannlicher stock. (The photo makes the barrel look longer, its actually 20.5 inches.) Only got it the other day and although it's not mint, it is immaculate, which means a virgin no one has fucked with. Even still has the front sight hood still.
    It will shoot 95 grain SST's into around an inch for 3030fps, and is a real pleasure to shoot.

thanks for the photo mate but will haunt me all day - today I saw a thing of rare beauty - now in a land where all wishes are granted I would park that in my beer place along with an MV Agusta 1000 sports bike - my good 12 pointer head -and look at them all day and be in a very happy place - and just to be really stupid here Julia Roberts bringing the cold ones out

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Bloody lovely...

Surely you mean "stutzen" . . . Mannlicher was a bloke who designed rifle actions, rather good at it too.
    Moa Hunter and norsk like this.

Name:  20221217_111423.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  7.23 MB

Here's my stutzen in 7x64, a CZ. Beautifully "reconfigured by @FRST who stripped off a bit of the OTT "euro" styling and added a nice kiwi touch. Shoots mint, 160s at 2820 into 20mm at 100M (for 3 shots anyway).

Sako 223

ruger 10 22
    Cant use a suppressor.

The Mannlicher action was designed by Ferdinand Mannlicher, the rotary magazine by Otto Schoenauer - dunno who designed the 'stutzen' stock, but they certainly didn't start with the MS rifle - the German Jeager rifle had them in the eighteenth century. The German immigrants took that design concept to the States and they made full length stocks on the 'long rifle.

I suppose the originator of that stock style was Herr Stutzen ............ or not.

Incidently - the Mannlicher action was largely copied from the the German 1886 Commission Rifle - which was designed by a committee.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

That 7x64 CZ is an incredibly ugly gun ....................

Just shitting ya ................

I should have put "mannlicher" in quotes, I knew you gun nerds would be all over that. Stutzen as I understood it was a Germanic hunting rifle stock intended for the mountains. I used to not like them perticularly but now I have come the other way.

I knew Husqvarna had made some but never seen one in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuxbury View Post
    I should have put "mannlicher" in quotes, I knew you gun nerds would be all over that. Stutzen as I understood it was a Germanic hunting rifle stock intended for the mountains. I used to not like them perticularly but now I have come the other way.

I knew Husqvarna had made some but never seen one in person.
    Yeah - we're just a bunch of 'know-all' pricks ....................

Nice gun tho' ........

Foster that is a thing of beauty. love the stock redesign.
    I once had a CZ550 full stock in 6.5x55 and I felt it was heavy, and I was picky about the stock shape, and it didnt shoot well enough for me, and maybe I wished it was a 7x57, and years later I still regret selling that rifle.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDuxbury View Post
    Foster that is a thing of beauty. love the stock redesign.
    I once had a CZ550 full stock in 6.5x55 and I felt it was heavy, and I was picky about the stock shape, and it didnt shoot well enough for me, and maybe I wished it was a 7x57, and years later I still regret selling that rifle.
    Oh I think most of us know THAT feeling. I know I certainly do...
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

M1903 Mannlicher in 6,5x54
    The rotary mag is a thing of beauty

Name:  Mannlicher .jpg
Views: 634
Size:  1.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Oh I think most of us know THAT feeling. I know I certainly do...
    Yes .............. and No .................
    I've had some really nice stuff over the years - including Irish, English and German, and it never got used - but I did spend time looking at them.
    They've gone to new homes now with new people to appreciate them ............. but I do ocassionally think about them.

I've still got my 'users' which doesn't matter too much if I drop them, but I'd probably say it took a few years to develop that mindset.
    Prior to that - I cried every night .............
    Micky Duck likes this.

mpf
    [ATTACH]212546
    Attached Images Attached Images