Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Your favourite firearms.

Stop teasing digit saving my penny's and waiting patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    You know the sites for Politics and other dribble - not here - its about the only rule

Yep you're right

MEB
    All 3 of my firearms are much loved and cherished. They all do what I want them to do.
    This is my 1986 Winchester Featherweight chambered in .275 Rigby, also know as 7 x 57.:grin:
    Name:  Winchester Model 70 275 Rigby.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  72.6 KB
    It's had the trigger sorted, polished bolt, floated etc by someone who knew what they were doing and the barrel is now 19" - I presume due to age. The bore is v good and I love it to bits. I haven't had it long and at first It or me couldn't hit anything with it. This proved to be a cracked bolt in the mounts and once replaced it shot beautifully. Since then another bolt has sheared so I'm looking at replacing the mounts for something more solid and reliable. When I got it it had a Weaver V9 on it which was an improvement over my Nikko Sterling on my Mossberg. However Me,my M70 and pack went for a ride down the river a bit unexpectedly and the rifle ended up full of river sand. Completely full bore, action the lot. The Weaver got a few knocks but seemed to have survived. I took the stock off, cleaned the action and bore out, gave it a good clean and lube and put it back together. It shot dead on first shot. 3rd shot the scope started fogging and by 6 it was unuseable. So a Leupold was purchased and fitted. Much better scope with better eye relief and has transformed the rifle into something I'm really happy with so far in my hunting career. Once I've got the mounts sorted and some rounds I will spend some time at the range with her.
    This rifle has given me an interest in my shooting - more accurately I want to be able to get the most from my rifle.

Gone but not forgotten
    too flash for you meb nice one
    Turns out i was stronger than my demons/issues led me to belive

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Well this month, my favorite firearm would have to be a Norinco mod 701 in 7.62 x 39.
    Name:  scan0003.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  96.6 KB
    You can see it here with a bloody great heavy scope on it along with it's "Can".
    I have done a bit of reloading testing, with both Sub and Super-Sonic ammo.
    As suggested by Ross T on F&H forum, we might need to start a thread (if someone hasn't already done this), for All Sub-Sonic loads on this forum!

Doh!
    Homer

Homer, is that Norinco one of their model 70 copies?

This is my current favorite gun, my 338/25WSSM wild cat, built on a Remington 700 action with a 15 inch trueflite premium suppressor barrel and gunworks suppressor, overall length 41 inches. I've got 210gr nosler partitions zipping along at 2450-2500fps. kills deer dead fast.

Name:  Stumpy.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  93.7 KB

MEB
    Quote Originally Posted by quadhunter260 View Post
    too flash for you meb nice one
    Says the man with the fancy 260

On closer inspection you will find that it needs re blueing and the rings are pretty fucked. But I love the thing. I love it. Especially the fact that I can call it a .275 Rigby.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    Did the same to the barrel on the ol Sako she needs another coat now

Blahahaha fuck it looks like it, Call around home with a slab of beers & I'll give it a professionals touch :grin:
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I caught my smelly armpits from Cowboy Tone's Avatar
    My Fav would have to be my 10/22. Had so much fun with the sucker. Competitions with the kids, 150m subsonics @ eggs. Driving around with the whole family, chips,coffees, cokes, fish and chips, blankets after rabbits and possums etc
    Last edited by Tone; 09-12-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Gimp , whats the specs on your PMII , and what do you think of it & the Roedale can you got also ?

Cheers Chris

That one is a 3-12x50 PMII/P with LP4F and CCW .1MIL turrets. I like it a lot, and the Roedale Delta IV Ultralight is excellent as well, it's as quiet as any NZ-made "overbarrel" I have used and half the size, weighs only 175grams.

The trade-off is of course limited baffle life, but I've got no visible wear at around 200 rounds through it, and 21E or something per replacement baffle isn't going to break the bank after a couple of thousand rounds.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    My Fav would have to be my 10/22. Had so much fun with the sucker. Competitions with the kids, 150m subsonics @ eggs. Driving around with the whole family, chips,coffees, cokes, fish and chips, blankets after rabbits and possums etc
    Yeah thats the way I had a fully suppressed 10/22 which was a great fun little gun. Some arseholed it for being FS, but fuck it was fun to shoot & it worked
    I did a trade for another nice rifle with a top bloke ( also a member on here ) & while I love the new cz, I still miss my little Ruger
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Squashed like a Flea
    G'Day Fella's,

Yes Beavis, its a copy of the Pre-64 Mod 70 Winchester.
    By this I mean, it has a control feed action with a Mauser type extractor etc

Once I get the load development sorted out, I'll re-stock it an put a smaller and lighter scope on it!

Doh!
    Homer

little longranger

Name:  037.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  94.6 KB
    winchester/trueflight 7mil08 weaver 3.5-15x42

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!