Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Yukon

Thread: Yukon Jaeger scopes

Yukon Jaeger scopes

Hey team.
    Does anyone have any hands on experience with these scopes? They aren’t super popular in NZ, but speaking to the NZ rep they are big in Europe. Apparently built tough to handle any recoil, and also strong enough to use clip on NVG and thermals.
    I recently bought a rifle that has the 3-9x40 on it, but am considering moving it on. It looks like a great scope, but the tough build comes with a decent 620g weight. It’s sitting on quite a light rifle and is currently offsetting the gains had by the carbon stock.

https://www.yukonoptics.co.nz/yukon_...fle_scope.html

Name:  714FBFCC-16C6-4C36-8151-8BCCF29DBD88.jpeg
Views: 273
Size:  128.9 KB

I've never heard of that line of scopes.
    It's 'assembled' in East European countries from as far as I can tell, Chinese scope components.
    Chinese are well known for their illuminated reticles, night vision, and thermal manufacture.
    The company has a complicated business structure but head office looks to be China.
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    I've never heard of that line of scopes.
    It's 'assembled' in East European countries from as far as I can tell, Chinese scope components.
    Chinese are well known for their illuminated reticles, night vision, and thermal manufacture.
    The company has a complicated business structure but head office looks to be China.
    I’m not sure where you got that info from but it is incorrect, unless you know something that we don’t. I’d be interested to know your source.

Actually, they are made in the Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide Minsk factory, who manufacture the lenses, bodies, and internals. The same factory makes binoculars, spotting scopes, laser rangefinders and their NV units.

All the thermals are made in Lithuania and now Latvia, except for the thermals for the Chinese market which are made by their Chinese factory because it is easier to sell into China if you set up a factory there. Some Axion Key bodies were sent to Lithuania due to production shortages, but all goods imported into NZ are shipped from their factory in Vilnius.

Head office is in Vilnius, Lithuania.
    csmiffy, Delphus and Manchester like this.