Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Zastava M70

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    We did. We dont really deal with any importers now as we have not bought stock since the shop was damaged after the earthquakes. I am not really sure which way the Gunsmith (its his business and premises) wants to go. From what I understand there was a separate agency for the north island and the south Island but having not done any buyingI do not now if this is still the case. The 6.5x55 mentioned earlier was one I got from Gun City on one of their big sales and was my own rather than a shop one..
    SR Marston are the Zastava distributor
    Zastava Arms — SR Marston & Co
    Steve123 likes this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

I really rated my 223 when I had it. Was a wee tack driver.
    Should really get another...... for the boy to use of course
    gadgetman and Russian 22. like this.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

A word of warning though, I had one in .308 drove tacks all day long and build quality was great. But I would recomend not getting one in a medium length cartridge. the put a spacer in the front of the magazine. I always had cycling issues. My mates one in .270 was fine without the spacer. I would defiantly would still recommend them but in a long action caliber. Food for thought is all.

i have one in 6.5x55 blue synth. love it wanted to get one in 8x57 but when i emailed the distributer to see if they would bring any in they didnt even bother to reply, even to say no would have been something so when the time comes that i can afford a new rifle i will get something else . dunno why everyone thinks they are heavy guess i was always used to lugging th 8mm round cos i consider the zastava to be light.
    on the first hunt the end cap off the pistol grip fell off so have glued a brass cap in stamped with the calibre
    and one day i was showing the wife the difference between types of safetys ...... the old brno with the safety on the bolt locking the firing pin , then the zastava which locks the trigger which when i dry fired goes click and well obviously it didnt work screw must have worked loose as it did function when i bought it. pulled it out of the stock and reset it . check it now before i use it every time

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    A word of warning though, I had one in .308 drove tacks all day long and build quality was great. But I would recomend not getting one in a medium length cartridge. the put a spacer in the front of the magazine. I always had cycling issues. My mates one in .270 was fine without the spacer. I would defiantly would still recommend them but in a long action caliber. Food for thought is all.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    i have one in 6.5x55 blue synth. love it wanted to get one in 8x57 but when i emailed the distributer to see if they would bring any in they didnt even bother to reply, even to say no would have been something so when the time comes that i can afford a new rifle i will get something else . dunno why everyone thinks they are heavy guess i was always used to lugging th 8mm round cos i consider the zastava to be light.
    on the first hunt the end cap off the pistol grip fell off so have glued a brass cap in stamped with the calibre
    and one day i was showing the wife the difference between types of safetys ...... the old brno with the safety on the bolt locking the firing pin , then the zastava which locks the trigger which when i dry fired goes click and well obviously it didnt work screw must have worked loose as it did function when i bought it. pulled it out of the stock and reset it . check it now before i use it every time
    Well that 308 Mauser I bought off you has been adequate. I got used to the weight.

I am just after a quieter stainless steel rifle

love both of mine...the .223 is an honest sub inch rifle no matter which load we use...the .308 kils deer fine and dandy...what more can a fella ask????