Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Zastava m85

Thanks Guys makes me feel positive about getting it now. Just have to figure how to move it from South Canterbury to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Thanks Guys makes me feel positive about getting it now. Just have to figure how to move it from South Canterbury to here.
    I may be able to help with that @Tasbay.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    well let me put a different opinion out there
    they are awesome rifles
    I own two of them
    one in .223 one in .308
    both Ive rebedded,the .223 with a hot glue gun 5min job (18 years on its still doing good) the .308 got the works,a Nathan Foster bedding kit used.
    both shoot better than I can..the .223 will be half inch if I do my bit,the .308 doesnt get on paper often but it was sub inch last time I sighted it in
    rough bolt....set infront of telly and work the plurry thing for 15mins at a time over a week...smooths it out well...sure its never going to be sako smooth buts its better than a norinco by a country mile...and they work ok too if you dont baby them.
    breaking extractors is (I believe ) common if you take a mauser action and single feed round then force bolt to override rim rather than mag feed...never been an issue for me....and sometimes I will single feed a round in.
    dont over full the mag....they fit one more round than they should and dont feed it well...
    I cant see me ever selling the .223,the .308 was aquired in a horse trade ,didnt need it as such ,already owning a poohseventy and a shorty bush hobbits bush rifle...BUT its sort of grown on me being long and heavy makes it soft to shoot,the couple of animals its been pointed at in anger have all fallen over quite dead so it may stay in my possession for ever too.
    I've found single feeding that way just jams the round in the chamber and the extractor can't get past.

the issue is that with most scope mounts you can't drop it onto the bolt face as you would with stripper clips.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I may be able to help with that @Tasbay.
    Thanks Gadget, Have a mate picking it up for me and will hold it. Good excuse for a wallaby trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Thanks Gadget, Have a mate picking it up for me and will hold it. Good excuse for a wallaby trip.
    No prob. My wagon and trailer are scheduled to wander up to Nelson next Friday.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I've found single feeding that way just jams the round in the chamber and the extractor can't get past.

the issue is that with most scope mounts you can't drop it onto the bolt face as you would with stripper clips.
    Is your extractor the same as this? When the bolts open its at 11 oclock and the round rides under it on chambering from the floorplate. Ive never had problems with single feeding the only time ive had fail to extracts is with steel cases and opening the bolt slowly like you would if you decided not to shoot and went back to "half cock"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Is your extractor the same as this? When the bolts open its at 11 oclock and the round rides under it on chambering from the floorplate. Ive never had problems with single feeding the only time ive had fail to extracts is with steel cases and opening the bolt slowly like you would if you decided not to shoot and went back to "half cock"
    No. Mine has a much larger extractor claw. That goes along the length of the bolt.

When it opens it is at 2 o clock.

so....the one shown above (same as my .223) works/preforms more like a post 64 winchester push fed action
    and the other type is more like a pre 64 winchester/true mauser

I Think people are getting confused and its the norincos that break the extracter claw....there was a chap making them out of car spring a while back..

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    No. Mine has a much larger extractor claw. That goes along the length of the bolt.

When it opens it is at 2 o clock.
    That's my zastavas bolt (223) and yes from the business end its 2 oclock open. Just called someone with a more recent early serbian marked one bought in 2011 and the extractors the same. Maybe theyve changed the design to controlled feed?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    That's my zastavas bolt (223) and yes from the business end its 2 oclock open. Just called someone with a more recent early serbian marked one bought in 2011 and the extractors the same. Maybe theyve changed the design to controlled feed?
    Mine is a model 98. The original M 85 hahah