Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cartman
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: Zero tech Scopes

Zero tech Scopes

Hey does anyone have experience with the Zero Tech Scopes? Specifically the Thrive 4-16x50?

I've seen some pretty impressive reviews online and wondered if they held up in the real world.

Can't help really but I did get to take a gpo the meopta 3-18 and the zero tech out in the field and tested them all at last light and it edges the other 2 out by quite a bit . It was a while back now and can't remember the exact models.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I had the vengeance for the money it was good dialed well was on a range rifle so didn’t get the extreams of low light testing done . It’s now on my mates rifle and he’s liking it so far
    Rated M for Magnum likes this.

theyve got a good reputation online, however a mate got one and its zero was constantly shifting so youve being warned...

Looked through one at the store after reading the rave reviews. I was expecting S&B quality from what I had read, and that was not the reality. I was looking for something to replace my Sightron S3, and the zerotech was definitely not that scope. Not sure it was the same model you are looking at, but was their top of the range jobbie.
    Went for a Bushnell XRS2 in the end.

Oh yeah mixed reviews then

The reviews I saw were on YouTube by the social regressive and ozzie reviews.

The feedback from them was that the glass was very good for the price, top of it's class sort of thing.This was the 3-12x44 thrive (USD350) and the 2.5-15x50 thrive hd(USD500 I think) . So bearing that in mind, compared to say a S&B, they are not in the same class at all.

They have a pretty interesting reticle option, but not sire if it would be any good for hunting, the PHR

Name:  Screenshot_2022-03-23-12-23-43-66_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  161.6 KB

Anyhow the thrive 4-16x50 with a mildot reticle for $NZ500 seems like a pretty good buy. With a lifetime warranty for any fault or problem. Now I know what people say, if it has a warranty you'll need to use it but I still think it's a good thing.

Or even a vengeance might be the go, they're cheap and cheerful, for a third rifle, gets a bit expensive kitting out a few of them