Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: 71 not out and still knocking them about

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    sooooo why dont you chaps get Darren and the team at DPT to make you a couple of suppressors big and heafty enough to handle the cartridge and be happy chappies with non ringing ears?????
    It’s pretty long now, I just feel a suppressor would make it too long and add to the weight.

I had that concern myself...my .308 is funnily enough longer by 2" and flea shit heavierthan my other rifles...add suppressor on end and its just a bit more again BUT the difference in sound/felt recoil and how much I enjoy shooting it makes up for it. once I learnt to carry it slung diferently any concerns have disapeared....even when Im bush hobbiting around in the thick shit the extra difference in length doesnt concern me anymore.
    I THOUGHT the suppressors would get taken off in the bush but Ive just got over it and got used to it.....heck if its threaded for a brake....borrow a can and try it....... even one with a bigger hole in the end..

@craigc good stuff . I bet those 210 bergers knock holes in things

That spiker looked a little groggy alright, given the amount of blood it was leaking out.

Good shooting lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I had that concern myself...my .308 is funnily enough longer by 2" and flea shit heavierthan my other rifles...add suppressor on end and its just a bit more again BUT the difference in sound/felt recoil and how much I enjoy shooting it makes up for it. once I learnt to carry it slung diferently any concerns have disapeared....even when Im bush hobbiting around in the thick shit the extra difference in length doesnt concern me anymore.
    I THOUGHT the suppressors would get taken off in the bush but Ive just got over it and got used to it.....heck if its threaded for a brake....borrow a can and try it....... even one with a bigger hole in the end..
    All of our other guns are suppressed. The RUM is for a special purpose (deliberate long range) and it’s easy to slip ear protection on. A suppressor would add 4” to the oal and make it pretty cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    @craigc good stuff . I bet those 210 bergers knock holes in things
    Yeah mate. We used to say ‘that’s Amaxed’ (I think you came up with that) now its ‘well that’s Bergered’!

🙂
    Nathan F likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    well done u fellas 😎🤙
    Tahr likes this.

This might be interesting (or not).

In the vid of the second hind I shot you can see that she has her neck twisted to the right eating something. I couldn't see this because I was shooting from a different aspect.

What I could see was her body up to just past the crease and I assumed (incorrectly) that she was slightly more quartered towards me and I angled the shot accordingly. It was quite hurried because it was later in the morning and she was moving back into the trees so as she began to disappear I held high on the crease and fired (I had the 425yd range dialled in to the scope). I hit her about 3-4" above where I aimed and because she was at a different angle to what I calculated for you will see that it nearly wasn't a fatal shot because it ran parallel above her shoulder blade. Luckily it broke her spine and did enough internal tissue damage to kill her but a bit lower at the same angle and we might have lost her.

Never too old to learn, eh. Here's a pic...

Name:  IMG_0894.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  764.0 KB
    Nathan F and veitnamcam like this.

primo!

great yarn and footage. Hey, but where's Tilly ?
    That wind was fair honkin, make those long shots pretty hard to judge.

Tahr swapped Tilly for the other pup to give him a run
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    great yarn and footage. Hey, but where's Tilly ?
    That wind was fair honkin, make those long shots pretty hard to judge.
    She's still getting over a dislocated hip so I don't want to push her too hard. Just small outings for her at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    This might be interesting (or not).

In the vid of the second hind I shot you can see that she has her neck twisted to the right eating something. I couldn't see this because I was shooting from a different aspect.

What I could see was her body up to just past the crease and I assumed (incorrectly) that she was slightly more quartered towards me and I angled the shot accordingly. It was quite hurried because it was later in the morning and she was moving back into the trees so as she began to disappear I held high on the crease and fired (I had the 425yd range dialled in to the scope). I hit her about 3-4" above where I aimed and because she was at a different angle to what I calculated for you will see that it nearly wasn't a fatal shot because it ran parallel above her shoulder blade. Luckily it broke her spine and did enough internal tissue damage to kill her but a bit lower at the same angle and we might have lost her.

Never too old to learn, eh. Here's a pic...

Attachment 126282
    That's where the extra horse power from the bigger calibers comes into it's own , lesser calibers may have failed with that shot.
    Tahr likes this.

71, inspirational!

Quote Originally Posted by sixtus View Post
    71, inspirational!
    71, sore & achy
    sixtus likes this.