Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Cattle Flat

148 sleeps to go

veitnamcam and Gibo like this.
    "If God wanted us to be vegetarian....why did he make meat taste so good?"

Really enjoyed that yarn Dino, love the honesty of forum members when they tell the truth about about missed deer/trophies, its not easy to say publicly that you stuffed up a shot.....hope you bag it soon/next year....

i missed my first shot at a wild DOC deer earlier this year, a red spiker, and ive seen the bastard every night since in my dreams......if only, if only.....hahaaaaaaaaaaar

Rodster or Gibo will probably drop it next weekend....aye lads
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Really enjoyed that yarn Dino, love the honesty of forum members when they tell the truth about about missed deer/trophies, its not easy to say publicly that you stuffed up a shot.....hope you bag it soon/next year....

i missed my first shot at a wild DOC deer earlier this year, a red spiker, and ive seen the bastard every night since in my dreams......if only, if only.....hahaaaaaaaaaaar

Tell me exactly where it was in a PM Scouser and I will make sure they are no where near it (while I on the other hand will go for a look see).
    Scouser likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

When I first purchased my Sako 243 I had a great run, 18 months, everything dropped.

Since I have got the Howa I have a had a shit run. its not the rifle, fits great and actually just as accurate as my Sako.

I have spent some time thinking it over, I actually think hunting with the dog is giving me just one thing to much to think about. I have had some good hunting in spots where the dog not allowed, Fiordland and Leithen. All good though it will come right, just an excuse to spend more time on the hill.

I have a week off and I have a spot I will go for a walk and bowl some Hares, will sharpen the shooting up and will get me and the hound working together better.

hunting is a mind fuck sometimes..confidence is everything for me anyway. I like to know my rifle is shooting well. I now need to reconfirm I can shoot well too. At the moment I have a confidence problem, when with the dog. Just need to get it sorted.

More time hunting…cool!

Cheers

Dino

Nope, i will save your one for you mate. I will be happy enough to find my own
    Scouser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Tell me exactly where it was in a PM Scouser and I will make sure they are no where near it (while I on the other hand will go for a look see).
    Dont fall for it Scouser he is a tricky old bar stool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    When I first purchased my Sako 243 I had a great run, 18 months, everything dropped.

Since I have got the Howa I have a had a shit run. its not the rifle, fits great and actually just as accurate as my Sako.

I have spent some time thinking it over, I actually think hunting with the dog is giving me just one thing to much to think about. I have had some good hunting in spots where the dog not allowed, Fiordland and Leithen. All good though it will come right, just an excuse to spend more time on the hill.

I have a week off and I have a spot I will go for a walk and bowl some Hares, will sharpen the shooting up and will get me and the hound working together better.

hunting is a mind fuck sometimes..confidence is everything for me anyway. I like to know my rifle is shooting well. I now need to reconfirm I can shoot well too. At the moment I have a confidence problem, when with the dog. Just need to get it sorted.

More time hunting…cool!

Cheers

Dino
    A dog gives you plenty more to think about! I find it bloody hard work in the Bluies with a dog. A deer can be pretty much right in front of you and both you and the dog know it, but you cant reward the dog with a deer b/c you cant get a shot... ANd I reckon being quite as possible is key down there, and my dog makes noise in his sleep!

HEHE…max ix noisy, flaps her ears, coughs every now and then as well. Manages to find every carcass in the bush and chews on dead skin, crunches bones. On top of that she stays wet for ages and somehow manages to get into the tent and sleep on the bag. All that and her farts stink like something from hell.

Love her to bits and I enjoy hunting with a dog, just need to get it working better for me and her!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Dont fall for it Scouser he is a tricky old bar stool!!
    Dont worry im onto him Gibo.....

Nice write up, enjoyed that - you must be doing something right to get onto a buck outside of the roar!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterw View Post
    Nice write up, enjoyed that - you must be doing something right to get onto a buck outside of the roar!
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Nope, i will save your one for you mate. I will be happy enough to find my own
    Cheers Gibo, I'll describe him for you, he's about 4 foot tall, long skinny legs that look too thin to hold his bulk, was a greyish colour then, could well be a 'bit redder' now

he will have an arrogant swagger about him now, you know that cockiness of youth 'bullet proof' persona....well he has dodged at least one bullet to my knowledge....yes....hes that quick he dodged MY bullet....

well thats my story anyway!!!!!!

Cheers Gibo, I'll describe him for you, he's about 4 foot tall, long skinny legs that look too thin to hold his bulk, was a greyish colour then, could well be a 'bit redder' now

he will have a stagger, too much warm beer!
    Shit mate that sounds just like @Pengy What you doing down Minginui mate?
    Scouser likes this.

Fuck off you cheeky young prick. I hope it rains all weekend now.
    Last edited by Pengy; 29-11-2013 at 11:41 AM.
    Scouser likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Fuck off you cheeky young prick. I hope it rains all weekend now.
    Bottoms up bro
    Pengy likes this.