Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree692Likes

Thread: Climate

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I think as long as my bum points at the ground, I will not be able to do anything about the climate while China, the USA, India, Europe and the others continue to pump out all their shit and consumers gobble up their goods.
    I’m just a logical person, who cannot be stuffed believing or caring, because I cannot save the world.
    I am be penalised by all the taxes and penalties aimed at me by people who are weak or corrupt or have no logic or suffer illogical fears.
    Stop supporting the big polluters, make them stop if you want to have a clean green world!
    They won’t, they are driven by dollars, not a green world.
    But in the end, climate change will not end this world, mankind’s hate for each other will.
    Its pretty easy to be doom and gloom about the rest of the world and I cant do anything about it.. Yes you can, you can choose what you buy.. you want to buy a piece of fruit... bananas from Equador or kiwifruit from NZ, which has the most food miles ?? .. capsicums from Holland, just go without them, bugger all people died from not eating imported capsicum.. Its only a tiny tiny thing BUT you have some power.

Capsicums. Grown by the tonne on super cheap geothermal heat and electricity not 10km from me. But charge $6 each in winter and $2 in summer, despite the inputs being the same no matter what the month. Where's that supermarket watchdog dude when you need him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    spending hundreds of grand to incarcerate that piece of pondscum ,who was once a member of this forum ,alive is the ultimate waste of taxpayer funding.....he wont survive ten days if he ever gets out.... the final bill for his upkeep is astronomical and totally completely unnecessary .PC WOKE madness.... shoot incinerate and flush down nearest sewer.... hell if said nothing the world would not even know!!!
    Your so uncaring, but I like it
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by sore head stoat View Post
    Its pretty easy to be doom and gloom about the rest of the world and I cant do anything about it.. Yes you can, you can choose what you buy.. you want to buy a piece of fruit... bananas from Equador or kiwifruit from NZ, which has the most food miles ?? .. capsicums from Holland, just go without them, bugger all people died from not eating imported capsicum.. Its only a tiny tiny thing BUT you have some power.
    And what’s the point? I’m not going to change diddly squat, really I’m not, it only make one feel good
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    And what’s the point? I’m not going to change diddly squat, really I’m not, it only make one feel good
    Yip I completely understand your point. However I can look my grandkids in the eye and say I tried..
    Andygr likes this.

Yip I completely understand your point. However I can look my grandkids in the eye and say I tried..
    Tried, but didn’t make the slightest bit of difference. It might make you feel a bit better but this is the reality.
    Maca49 likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    kiwifruit in canterbury
    I am already growing kiwifruit here. Come for a visit and I will give you some
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Yes, but I planted 100 acres of Pines, starting back in 2018. They are flat out gobbling the stuff up, faster than I can burn my firewood.

In fact, we may have to have another forum burn off/piss up here on the farm, just to even the score and piss the greenies off
    What about all that Methane your grubby pines are releasing into the atmosphere ? 5 kg per hectare per year would be a low estimate. The sooner things are leveled up and tree growers pay for their emissions the better

For those on the fence, jump in a plane on a nice day and fly the length of NZ. Look out the window, and EVERYTHING you see out there moving, is moving cause of diesel or kero. Lets forget about petrol cause its tiny in the scheme of a nations carbon footprint.

Fishing boats, Cook strait ferries, container ships, jet air liners, dozers, diggers,tractors,freight trucks, stock trucks, trains (except some of the elec commuter ones in Wellington). Everything relies on Diesel. And not even one percent of that stuff can be done by an electric vehicle. Efficiently. Effectively. Fontera has gone woke with their silly EV milk tanker (x2). Its in the workshop more than its out collecting milk. Its not permitted to go into the hills surrounding its depot. Its about twice as expensive to operate than the trucks that DO spend 10 hours a day, day in day out in and out of the hills collecting milk. They have also gone woke on their coal boiler. Ripped it out and put in a wood pellet boiler. All that's done is shunt their CO2 footprint out of their company and shoved it onto the freight companies that have to deliver 6 truck and trailer loads a day of wood pellets, instead of the one coal train per fortnight.

The western world doesn't want to go back to living in the middle ages, halving our life expectancy, half the population working by hand 12 hours a day just to grow/harvest food.

The third world wants our standard of living, and who can blame them.

Only 60-70% of oil gets burnt to power stuff. The rest gets converted into the 6000 items that have become indispensable to all our daily lives.

I don't see a rational conversation about resilience or preparedness. All I see is myopic children in a bouncy castle screeching "listen to me or we're doomed. Do as I say" (not do as I do)
    veitnamcam, 7mmwsm, Beaker and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    What about all that Methane your grubby pines are releasing into the atmosphere ? 5 kg per hectare per year would be a low estimate. The sooner things are leveled up and tree growers pay for their emissions the better
    That's what the forum burn off/piss up is all about. Arc up the big bonfires and convert all that nasty methane floating through the pine valleys into a nice warm atmosphere
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I am already growing kiwifruit here. Come for a visit and I will give you some
    Well that’s opportunity
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

For those on the fence, jump in a plane on a nice day and fly the length of NZ. Look out the window, and EVERYTHING you see out there moving, is moving cause of diesel or kero. Lets forget about petrol cause its tiny in the scheme of a nations carbon footprint.

Fishing boats, Cook strait ferries, container ships, jet air liners, dozers, diggers,tractors,freight trucks, stock trucks, trains (except some of the elec commuter ones in Wellington). Everything relies on Diesel. And not even one percent of that stuff can be done by an electric vehicle. Efficiently. Effectively. Fontera has gone woke with their silly EV milk tanker (x2). Its in the workshop more than its out collecting milk. Its not permitted to go into the hills surrounding its depot. Its about twice as expensive to operate than the trucks that DO spend 10 hours a day, day in day out in and out of the hills collecting milk. They have also gone woke on their coal boiler. Ripped it out and put in a wood pellet boiler. All that's done is shunt their CO2 footprint out of their company and shoved it onto the freight companies that have to deliver 6 truck and trailer loads a day of wood pellets, instead of the one coal train per fortnight.

The western world doesn't want to go back to living in the middle ages, halving our life expectancy, half the population working by hand 12 hours a day just to grow/harvest food.

The third world wants our standard of living, and who can blame them.

Only 60-70% of oil gets burnt to power stuff. The rest gets converted into the 6000 items that have become indispensable to all our daily lives.

I don't see a rational conversation about resilience or preparedness. All I see is myopic children in a bouncy castle screeching "listen to me or we're doomed. Do as I say" (not do as I do)
    And those third world populations, looking to better there lives will add more to climate change than us that already have a good life and there’s a shitload of people wanted to have a better life.
    XR500 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I’m not doom and gloom, just realistic
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Unlike others, I can validly claim that I am merely recycling the CO2
    If we went fishing I could trade my two stroke pollution with your trees? That’s if it ever stops blowing on the lake
    Moa Hunter and XR500 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough