Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree692Likes

Thread: Climate

Climate

Greetings all,
    After the non summer and autumn from hell I have been watching the stories of record heat and wildfires in the northern hemisphere and wondering what spring, summer and autumn in NZ will bring. The temperatures in the NH have been touted as the smoking gun for a warming climate driven by human driven carbon emissions which makes sense to me. An El Nino summer is predicted for this year which normally means screaming North Westerly winds, high temperatures and drought for Hawkes Bay. How additional heat from a warming climate effects this does not bear thinking about. There is however some hope. Recent research in Oz has suggested that a change in ocean currents may shift climate settings on the east coast of Oz more to the La Nina phase starting perhaps as early as 2025 and more likely by 2039. For the first time in my memory the grass in HB did not turn brown last summer and my sister tells me the same thing happened on her farm in NSW.
    I guess the message I am trying to get across is that climate change is here and it is up to each of us how we adapt to it. Please think about that for a moment as it will effect our hunting.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    akaroa1 and will.i.em like this.

The Mrs is in the UK at present, visiting family. Has seen the sun about half a dozen times in the last month. Grey drizzle the rest of the time. So Its not blanket Northern Hemisphere.

We have burnt more firewood this calendar year so far than in the past 15 years living here in the CNI.

"Since records began" is a common catch cry: Records began (1880's) at the coldest period in the last 8-10,000 years. So all roads lead to a warming climate, for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0zHZPQJzA (video is from the late 1990's so from the pre hysteria period)

But the Romans didn't have coal fired power stations or Nissan Patrols, and it was a couple of degrees warmer then, than now.

So yes, she's gonna get warmer. Adapt. Get used to it.

But taxing us lots more is only going to make a few multinational companies and organisations much much richer, whilst impoverishing the vast majority of a Nation's citizens.

When the leaders of a Nation do something that benefits external and multinational entities whilst impoverishing its own people, I do believe there's a word for that.

It’s definitely here and buying an EV won’t change it.

Id love someone to try and convince me this is the hottest month we have had up here. I think you need sunshine for a start...
    Hermithill and No.3 like this.

There's coal at the south pole. Wonder how that got there?
    Overkill is still dead.

Very frosty here this morning.

I like it frosty. Usually means you get a nice day.

Im thinking that its going to be a hot dry summer though.

Real global warming around here today,top temperature will be 7c+.And the sun is shining all day.
    Name:  20230728_102723.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  483.3 KB

It's certainly effecting Banks Peninsula pretty significantly.
    We have just had 3 months of relentlessly wet winter weather after a no show summer.
    Parts of the North Island have had record yearly rainfall already this year.
    Global Climate Change is not " Global warming " universally.
    It means the climate is more volatile and we need to be more prepared to make do ourselves for longer when we have extreme weather events in the future.
    And they will come more bigger and badder and more often.

Regards Hunting and Fishing effects.
    Animals are adaptable over time.
    Deer live in massively diverse habitats all over the world and will just make do as climate effects them in NZ.
    Tahr are a good example of making do and thriving in NZ. They now inhabit a very diverse habitat from sea level to our highest peaks.
    They are thriving in an environment and habitat that is nothing like their native one.

Humans ( most ) are intelligent and adaptable also and we will be presented with opportunities and challenges to our hunting and fishing by climate change.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Really global warming around here today,top temperature will be 7c+.And the sun is shining all day.
    Attachment 229789
    Global Climate Change is not Global Warming
    Slug, Hermithill and MoniqueA like this.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

This guy does a good job (in under one minute) at pointing out renewable energy cannot make anything. Yes it can power stuff, but it cannot make any of the 6,000 items essential for our current standard of living. cause they ALL have a portion of refined hydrocarbons in them.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/stf2YrznkZU
    300CALMAN, RV1 and MoniqueA like this.

Global Climate Change is not the weather where you are at a particular point in time.

It is global trend and it is not a consistent value across the globe.
    But when all the data is accumulated it shows a trend and it is irrefutable, unless you live under a rock or bridge, in which case you won't believe in the science anyway
    Slug, rugerman, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

The climate is changing…….just like it has always done
    veitnamcam, 199p, Beaker and 8 others like this.

Its been here before, it'll continue to be here again...

The records being used for what is essentially propaganda are neither contextual nor relative to the planets history. Even in contemporary recorded temp periods, and rainfall records, recent data is misrepresented non contextual and inaccurate.

Human produced carbon dioxide effect is negligible and non-quantifiable.. CO2 follows temp it is not caused by it...

Human produced variation to production of Carbon Dioxide has no quantifiable benefit and only cost.

Its not good enough to waste resources without quantifiable outcomes.

I am heartily sick of the religion of good intentions, promoted by fools.

Greetings all.
    It is important to understand the difference between weather and climate. Weather is what you get on the day while climate is about what you get over time. Pat Grant, in his book "Forests of Yesterday" talked about warm stormy periods when average temperature was higher and cool tranquil periods when the average temperature is lower. Warm stormy periods, which is where we are now, have weather which is more extreme with higher and lower temperatures and more extreme weather events. A cold stormy winter is indicative of a warm stormy period.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Global Climate Change is not Global Warming
    Really,I dont work for NIWA,I see whats out the window,snow every where.
    Billbob likes this.