Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dougies Hunting Trip With The Dundees

Dougies Hunting Trip With The Dundees

After arriving at the farm,introductions all round quick coffee slurped back and then stock work to do before any hunting adventure can begin.

Told the kids to get there gear on and Dougie was out of the house getting her warm gear on when I caught a glimpse of a nice slender leg I kept my mouth shut...

Stock work done then it was of too shift traps that were set in these rugged gullies from the nights before.

Name:  Picture 086.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  164.1 KB

After traps were pulled of the trees and a new location was selected by Possom Trapper we proceeded down these greasy tracks slipperier than the Rena slick.The last trap was wrenched off a nice native rimu by Possom Trapper while Dougie stayed seated on the quad and I was a few feet away having a puff on my cigarette,when around the greasy corner slid the owner of the block on her quad where we were trapping on followed by an over excited hunterway pup that lept onto Dougies lap and covered her in clay footprints and slobber.

On the greasy slide too the new location Possom Trapper with his eagle eyes spotted a hare sitting next too its old warren.

Dougie was ready with her soldiers pose in the comfy squat position

When the bang echoed through the gully the hare sat still and never flinched a muscle,the shotty was passed to Possom Trapper who pumped 2 or 3 more rounds into this bullet proof hare when it scarpered up the bank a bit then it was my turn.I moved a few metres too the left of the shooting position too drop the hare in a very wet gully.

Possom Trapper and Dougie went to retrieve our fallen victom and Possom Trapper was a victom himself too a soaked mud bath at the bottom of a sodden gully when he rose he couldn't see the hare cause of the mud bath he just had so Dougie was directed by me from the top of the firing position almost loosing her gummies but the hare was retrieved all smiles a few minutes later.

Traps were all set for the brushtailed opposums in some great new locations and territory that was full of possom sign.

Then back too the house to get rid of the dead socks that we were all wearing by now and greeted by a nice hot meal of crumbed and battered trout and chips that was prepared by Mrs Dundee . Then Sean Dundee was taken on the quad too set his granddads cage trap baited with an apple before we headed out again for the night shoot. Part 2 next.
    Last edited by Dundee; 08-07-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: farked up the pictures but sorted now

think i fixed the prob bear with me while I finish up.
    Last edited by Dundee; 08-07-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: sorted it now

Part 2
    Still getting the hang of my new camera trial and error

Dougie,Possum Trapper and myself saddled the quad with shot gun over my shoulder and .22 Stirling on the gun rack on the front of the quad and headed out over the steep too rolling country with the million candle power spotlight searching for any small game.
    First was a hare taken out by a single round by me (Dundee) with the .22 next was Possum Trappers turn who turned the lights out on a possum high in a tree with the shotgun and town lights glistening way in the background.This possom had her lights turned out but wouldn't fall out of the tree so a couple of precise rounds knocked her too the ground where she was plucked and the joey destroyed.

down too the run off with evening getting colder and it was Dougies turn with the .22 at a moving hare and no luck by this young stealthy soldierLets just say I'm glad that hare never shot back at us.

Dougie downed a possom at the top of the pine hedge with the shotty but the useless steel shot that im getting rid of from duckshooting too prevent from going rusty needed the trusty .22 too bring it too the ground too be plucked

Well our finer features were getting cold ie fingers and toes we headed home locked the weopons away as the full moon rose in the night sky with a threatning frost to brave in the morning

Work done and traps too check just the one after all that work the day before.

Beer bread for lunch by Mrs Dundee and a cool story or two about Canada then goodbyesKids loved ya baking Dougie. END
    veitnamcam likes this.

Hey Dundee, I loved the kids. Cheers for an awesome weekend mate. and you're a cheeky bugger scoping out my pins haha. Good on ya.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Cheers for getting this hare with the .22 when I pancaked haha. It turned out pretty yum for my first go at cooking it up!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quality tucker Dougie. Enjoy!
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Hey thats cool Dougie.Looks a bit raw
    Heres the last few picsName:  Picture 132.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  162.6 KBName:  Picture 129.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  163.0 KBName:  Picture 130.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  164.6 KBName:  Picture 131.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  164.5 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.

Hahahahahahaha!! @that last photo - Supervising. It's what Officers do best

(Faaark I look like I'm about to calf too, I've got that many layers on!!)

Got enough layers on Dougie
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Got enough layers on Dougie
    Flippin down jacket...so warm, so not flattering hahahaha!!

I better not show that leg shot then

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I better not show that leg shot then

Definitely looks like you had a good time with the dundee family Dougie hope to read about more of your adventures soon, that roasted hare looks yum last time I tried to cook hare I did it in a crockpot didn't turn out very well and ended up going to BK for dinner
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Definitely looks like you had a good time with the dundee family Dougie hope to read about more of your adventures soon, that roasted hare looks yum last time I tried to cook hare I did it in a crockpot didn't turn out very well and ended up going to BK for dinner
    I checked out some online recipes but they all looked a bit difficult, I seem to keep the man happy with my kitchen skills but I do prefer easy stuff! I reckoned bacon is always good so wrapped the leg up in the stuff. I roasted it for just over two hours but on the cooling rack ontop of a tray so that the fat could drip down.

And I can't wait for more adventures! I'm heading down to Christchurch on Friday for the weekend...stay posted

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Jeez i must be too fast got 2 hares tonight for the old mans dogs with Sean Dundee.And I was corrected by the family that BK was burger king not hunter308 dog.