Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: First Kills - with VietnamCam and KiwiGreg

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    She should fit in well on the forum hunt then Cam?
    She can play the rubber band or the jug in the band. Adam our crook mate (get well soon) always hogs the banjo. I am a bit of a demon on the rubbish tin lids and Abe is fair screeching on the fiddle.

Should be a blast
    Im sure she will
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Well done Dougie Whats with the bed rolls? I don't miss them at all.
    Those lads are true gentlemen for not sharing your sleeping bag

Good stuff Vietnamcam and Kiwigreg for helping out with Dougies goal. (Big game Dougie)

How long did the big fulla let you carry that beast?
    Great story too Dougie.

R93
    I heard his favorite movie is..... Home Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Well done Dougie Whats with the bed rolls? I don't miss them at all.
    Those lads are true gentlemen for not sharing your sleeping bag

Good stuff Vietnamcam and Kiwigreg for helping out with Dougies goal. (Big game Dougie)

How long did the big fulla let you carry that beast?
    Great story too Dougie.
    I just wanted to get a photo of it on her back,but Greg must have pushed her or something to start her walking She didnt carry it too far before I told her to drop it so Greg and I could drag it the rst of the way.

You did bloody well girl reminded me of an ant with a bloody big leaf
    muzr257 and Dundee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I just wanted to get a photo of it on her back,but Greg must have pushed her or something to start her walking She didnt carry it too far before I told her to drop it so Greg and I could drag it the rst of the way.

You did bloody well girl reminded me of an ant with a bloody big leaf
    I thought seeing as how she had it up on her back Dougie might as well carry it out of the trees, she seemed to be happy enough & was doing bloody well, so we just kept on going

I was pleased Dougie got to see a few Reds especially in the very early morning light through the Leicas.

She did really well & hopefully learnt a lot, the first of many to come Dougie

Awesome write-up there Dougie!!

Bloody good on ya boys for helping her out!
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Great stuff guys , this forums been well overdue for a good hunting story
    R93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    I thought seeing as how she had it up on her back Dougie might as well carry it out of the trees, she seemed to be happy enough & was doing bloody well, so we just kept on going

I was pleased Dougie got to see a few Reds especially in the very early morning light through the Leicas.

She did really well & hopefully learnt a lot, the first of many to come Dougie
    Yeah I was doing okay, probably could have carried it all the way to the fence but the shoulder would be complaining the next day! It's catching up with me a tad this arvo but I let the hubby throw the ball for the dog at the park so I'm recovering quickly

Those two reds in the morning sun were absolutely stunning. I would have been happy if that was the only action on the whole trip, it was quite the sight. And I love those binos Greg!!!

I learned SO much, you two were the perfect pair to teach me. Like I said, totally down to earth and to the point but such genuine kind blokes at the end of it. We had some great laughs and I felt like we'd all known eachother for much longer than a few hours! You guys rule. This is what hunting is about. I hope maybe when I have a few years of experience under my belt I can take someone else new out and give them the same memorable first hunt experience.

Thanks so much guys!!!!
    falconhell and R93 like this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Look me up end of feb early march and maybe we can go on a "proper " hunt while I do some roar reccy

The only thing that blew my mood - I put some pics up on Facebook and I have been slandered by many, even by my own mother! It really put a downer on my day. I don't think people that aren't educated on a subject should really knock other people down about it. Where do people think the mince in the fridge at the supermarket comes from? Isn't it a waste of grass to feed cows that provide your milk? Does the scrambled egg in your pan wish for a better life? Hunting is not wrecklessly 'murdering', it is not mistreating animals, and yes I AM capible of dressing up my dog in a hoodie, kissing him on the nose and having countless one-ended converstations with him and also go out and knock down a couple of dozen cute furry bunnies who dig holes in the cocky's paddock. Why is this so hard to understand? Are the men (and women) that are employed at the meat works "murderers" like me??

People suck lol.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    The only thing that blew my mood - I put some pics up on Facebook and I have been slandered by many, even by my own mother! It really put a downer on my day. I don't think people that aren't educated on a subject should really knock other people down about it. Where do people think the mince in the fridge at the supermarket comes from? Isn't it a waste of grass to feed cows that provide your milk? Does the scrambled egg in your pan wish for a better life? Hunting is not wrecklessly 'murdering', it is not mistreating animals, and yes I AM capible of dressing up my dog in a hoodie, kissing him on the nose and having countless one-ended converstations with him and also go out and knock down a couple of dozen cute furry bunnies who dig holes in the cocky's paddock. Why is this so hard to understand? Are the men (and women) that are employed at the meat works "murderers" like me??

People suck lol.
    Bugger them. They are all the idiots that will die within the first week of their power going out. They can whinge and bitch all they want then.

Yo can't pick your parents eh.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Look me up end of feb early march and maybe we can go on a "proper " hunt while I do some roar reccy
    Fark mate you'll be seeing me before then!!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Yo can't pick your parents eh.

Parents excluded, as it goes without saying if we can look out for them we will no matter how retarded their ideals are

AB Precision
    looks like a good trip well done guys, now you have to hunt few more that south island has to offer........get the 2 fellas to take you for more