Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Kaimanawsa-the return

Bugger off you old farts!
    Gibo likes this.

Good to hear the trip went well mate. What have you got planned next?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Yea pretty happy to come away with a sika on my second attempt at them. Fallow on a ballot block start of March then something with some timber on its head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Yea pretty happy to come away with a sika on my second attempt at them. Fallow on a ballot block start of March then something with some timber on its head.
    Cool mate, where's the ballot? caples/greenstone?

Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post

The discussion about shooting hinds with fawns came to mind and I was 90% confident I wouldn't take her if she didn't present a perfect shot, so fate was in her hands at this point. Then she made the move, step by step she was edging closer to that clearing whistling away. A few metres high or low of the clearing and she was safe. I had the perfect rest in the V of a tree so set myself up for the shot. She stepped out into the opening perfectly dead center about to take a few steps more to disappear forever, so I whistled to her. She paused, and looked at me. Game over sorry, then the Brno 223 did the rest of the work. She spun around and ran 10 metres and collapsed into another small opening which I could see. There was no need for a second shot as I could see clearly she had come to a rest. Mixed emotions came to me, delighted I had shot my first ever Sika but also not happy about the fawn situation. Probably something I won't repeat again if I can help it.
    Hey Rusky, I am happy that my thread at least had you thinking. As I said, circumstances can dictate the action you take, and it was your first sika - so I can understand you taking the shot. Next time you may not.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    Hey Rusky, I am happy that my thread at least had you thinking. As I said, circumstances can dictate the action you take, and it was your first sika - so I can understand you taking the shot. Next time you may not.

Yes if I ever return again it will be later with no chance of a fawn or strictly stags only. I took all the meat as I know others only take the back steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgr View Post
    Cool mate, where's the ballot? caples/greenstone?

Te miro I think its called?