Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: married to a kiwi Discussion 2 it all started in Bora Bora

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This is great. I will point out now that the Nile is way longer and contains more turds than the Waikato. As you were..
    should be able to make a good beer then...........
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post

That’s why I got one minus the budgies anyway moving on can’t be hijacking the thread ah there might be a story in here about those days of yore....if we ask Mrs Sideshow nicely
    To be honest I would have been way to scared, like those Aussies, if they were the ones wearing bikinis.

Come on @Mrs Sideshow. Story time please!
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    This is great. I will point out now that the Nile is way longer and contains more turds than the Waikato. As you were..
    Oh year one of my dreams when I went to Africa was to swim in lake Victoria one look and I was like NO I’d rather swim in Dads effluent pond
    But here in the Victoria Nile dodging turds was the last thing you would have been thinking about enjoy
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGo84f9umAk
    gadgetman and Mrs Sideshow like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Bonjour Mme Sideshow.
    Mes hommages à vous , tout d'abord chère Madame.
    If you decide not to follow Mr Sideshow in Stewart Island, and he is not going to follow you in bora bora , then the only place you two would agree with would be New Caledonia. You will be in Tropical waters and Monsieur would be chasing Rusa deer on the hills behind.

But i should still suggest that you did Stewart island with him. It is a unique place and probably the easiest way to see easily real kiwis.
    Bonjour @Friwi. Merci d'avoir pris le temps de lire mes histoires. So New Caledonia? I shall have a look into that. Well, depending how Stewart Island obviously goes down. He hadn't quite told me about all the sandflies, so I am wondering what else he has hidden from me?

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    You know, Mrs @Sideshow, we your rapidly growing reader fanbase - if I may speak on their behalf - would be happy to see your Stuart Island Diary printed in a Hunting Magazine. So please email some editors before you depart, Britain, France and NZ. I will buy it
    Hi @Moa Hunter You are very kind. Not sure if the hunting magazines would be interested, but I will continue posting my stories. My husband spends a lot of time here on the forum, so maybe I will get some of my messages across The next post will come soon. Just a bit tied down with work right now, but it will be up soon

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Absolutely looking forward to it. So is Mrs gadget.

And you do realise that, just because you stop someone drowning, you don't have to marry them. I certainly didn't marry any of the blokes I rescued, ... wait, I think I know where I might have gone wrong ...
    Hi @gadgetman It was a moment of madness I do agree. I was just so traumatised by being thrown into that washing machine that was the Nile, I felt I needed to show him my gratitude.....He did turn out all right though, once I got him to wear shoes when he went to the supermarket in London and once he learnt that there is something else beside beer. I wasn't too impressed when he downed a bottle of Cloudy Bay in one go though.....
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Sideshow View Post
    Hi @gadgetman It was a moment of madness I do agree. I was just so traumatised by being thrown into that washing machine that was the Nile, I felt I needed to show him my gratitude.....He did turn out all right though, once I got him to wear shoes when he went to the supermarket in London and once he learnt that there is something else beside beer. I wasn't too impressed when he downed a bottle of Cloudy Bay in one go though.....
    I too did learn quite young that there were other things beside beer. Things like chips/crisps, peanuts and pickled onions.
    timattalon and Sideshow like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

once I got him to wear shoes when he went to the supermarket in London
    shoes?????!!! ......to the supermarket????????

could be worse i spose ..... could have made him wear crocs
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.

What block are you heading to ? I may be able to help with info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    shoes?????!!! ......to the supermarket????????

could be worse i spose ..... could have made him wear crocs
    Weren’t invented thank god oh it was central London and to make matters even better I was with my future mother in law
    gadgetman likes this.

Thanks @ghosts I’ll pm you.

Banned
    Bonjour @Friwi. Merci d'avoir pris le temps de lire mes histoires. So New Caledonia? I shall have a look into that. Well, depending how Stewart Island obviously goes down. He hadn't quite told me about all the sandflies, so I am wondering what else he has hidden from me?
    The Sandflies, Mrs Sideshow may or may not be bad - but better forewarned and prepared only to find them scarce than to go unprepared and find them in force.
    They are not a serious problem like Mossies are in Canada for example but they can be a very real 'drive you mental' if you react to the bites unrelenting annoyance if you strike them on a communal feeding day.

Bloody brilliant !!!!!!
    Mrs Sideshow likes this.