Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Nosler Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Just got a box of 140gn Accubonds to try out in for the 6.5 cm.
    Been using fed fusions off the shelf ammo and it is shite.
    they seem to in and out on reds fallow and goats. The only one that didnt and i recovered was from a red stag at 120m. It was in about 5 pieces.
    All other animals seem to go straight through,

Looking forward to try these out on some animals. With the range closed here atm is hard to get any data worked up.
    These worked well in my SAUM on red deer, again don't have the flash harry BC but they worked. I had a bad run with the 143ELDx on animals at ranges less than 100 m.
    SAUM is now relagated to Gongs only so BC is king and Bullet performance on the target not so important
    Micky Duck likes this.

Just loaded some 150s up in my 308 based on what @7mmsaum told me. Will chronograph when I can but only did 3 loads and 2 of them were sub inch. Looking foward to testing on a deer
    Micky Duck likes this.

I have started using the 155 Gn nosler custom in .308 for target shooting. supposed to be good for the "short" ranges out to 800 yds but then lose perfomance to the likes of berger at 1000yds.
    Time will tell, our range only goes to 600 so it wil be a great practice round.

In my .260 I tried 125 partitions and also their BT, I just couldnt get them to group. No matter what I tried I couldnt get under 1.75 MOA
    Went to the 120 Amax and drove it to high speed ....it kills well

Used the 150 partiton in my .270's and it was always a great killer and good accuracy. Been through 3 .270's they all liked them!
    Last edited by johnd; 05-12-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

I wouldn't use 7mm 150grn BT on anything big from my experience. Gone old school to 160grn sierra game kings. Heaps cheaper, accurate and consistent kills on big and small deer etc.
    Marty Henry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddleduk View Post
    I wouldn't use 7mm 150grn BT on anything big from my experience. Gone old school to 160grn sierra game kings. Heaps cheaper, accurate and consistent kills on big and small deer etc.
    I thought that from the beginning.. But since using them I've had no complaints.

IMO , roaring stags 308 150 accubonds, story ends badly for Mr. Stag .
    Moa Hunter and 30late like this.

I wouldn't use 7mm 150grn BT on anything big from my experience..
    what I find sad/hilarious/contrary about this thinking.....is often same people saying it will use an ELD-X ELD-M AMax in same role

any and all of them will work just fine n dandy when you take time to understand the strengths n weaknesses of projectile design....which pretty much sums up game shooting full stop.

. Gone old school to 160grn sierra game kings. Heaps cheaper, accurate and consistent kills on big and small deer etc.
    now THIS bit I can really relate to and applaud vigorously

Not my best effort but a yearling from the other day. The good old Texas heart shot. Entered above the tail. Cleaved the spine snapping it eventually. Once entering the gut area made jelly of everything through the chest cavity. Didn’t even damage the back straps. 140 gn BT
    Name:  88A8D930-BCAA-4C4A-82A6-5F45CB90AEDD.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  933.9 KB
    Kudu, Mooseman and superdiver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Just got a box of 140gn Accubonds to try out in for the 6.5 cm.
    Been using fed fusions off the shelf ammo and it is shite.
    they seem to in and out on reds fallow and goats. The only one that didnt and i recovered was from a red stag at 120m. It was in about 5 pieces.
    All other animals seem to go straight through,

Looking forward to try these out on some animals. With the range closed here atm is hard to get any data worked up.
    If they don't work out on your CM @Reindeer PM me and I'll take them off your hands