Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Old Farts...

Another top notch day on the hill, good to see you giving the 6.5 x55 a blast great caliber alright.
    Tahr likes this.

57JL
    well done boys just keep farting cause if you stop u will pop and won,t be able to go hunting anymore
    Tahr and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Another top notch day on the hill, good to see you giving the 6.5 x55 a blast great caliber alright.
    Its a great gun and caliber. S&L precision. Had from new for 20 years or so. No real need for anything else apart from a .223
    It has never let me down and shoots every load I've given it except for Ballistic Tips for some some reason. Have mostly used 140 Amax and SST but have recently changed to Speer Gold Dot and they are being effective. Always shoots around .5 moa.

All this reflection makes me think I might move my 6.5PRC along.
    nor-west and Micky Duck like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

@Tahr how do the gold dots go? they are a bonded projectile yeah? Are they just right with the 6.5x55 or could they be driven faster without blowing up/
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Tahr how do the gold dots go? they are a bonded projectile yeah? Are they just right with the 6.5x55 or could they be driven faster without blowing up/
    I think that they are very similar or the same as Federal Fusion which are boded through some sort of fusing process. On the 2nd of those 2 deer the bullet went right through and left some substantive damage. Have a pic but wont post it here. Yuck. Muzzle velocity is 2840 fps.
    Brian uses 150 grain Fusions in his 300win mag at 3300 fps and they don't blow up. Im certain that the Gold Dots wouldn't either. Gold Dots get very good reviews.
    They are shooting about .5 moa in my rifle.

Interestingly I couldn't get them to shoot in my .223 (55 &62 grn) or the 140's in my 6.5 prc.

I have 60 of the 6.5 left and then like everything else supply will become a problem.
    Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Brilliant
    Tahr likes this.

Brilliant. Good to see you out... and wearing shorts! I haven't worn shorts outdoors in years now...
    Tahr likes this.