Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Possum cruelty

speaking of possums I probably should have kept this one [ATTACH]106385[
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Woody, Micky Duck and Cordite like this.

What denotes an expert? Ive killed hundreds if not thousands of the poor wee blighters over the years. Probably far more experienced than the local town vet....
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    years back i saw a cat get run over, guts squished and in agony out and so i did the humane thing. i dont think even the owner would have complained at me doing it (and i certainly didnt enjoy doing it either)
    Same here. A kitten got part squashed by my boss's ute, I caught it and put it's lights out with a lump of wood. Any slower solution would be a lot of pain for the poor wee thing.
    gonetropo likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Quote Originally Posted by carlhurley View Post
    speaking of possums I probably should have kept this one [ATTACH]106385[
    bugger me an aussie blonde!.seriously Ive heard of albino jackos over the years -indeed the largst bugger i ever skinned was 1mtr ears to tip of tail (and last bit of tail was blonde) and fat -fat on him that would make gerry brownlee envious .eventually i had to bury the skin couldnt get that fat off 100% -too many blowflies came callin if it got warm and stink -worse than livin in a street with holy joes callin every day ending in Y. I actually asked a biologist mate about this over a few beers and im inclined to agree this bugger may well have suffered from the possumic equivalent of giantism- did he have aches pains gender issues joint deformity ,was he left wing...dunno a dynapoint 40gm .22 round stopped the verbals before they started! Twas a STIRLING effort are these albinos a gentic deviation or a geneticv throwback -be bloody interesting to find out before theyre all fucked by 1080 weetbix
    Micky Duck likes this.

Nah. An expert would either be a bearded greyshoed closeted news commentator surrounded by theoretical books and selfies, - or- the PR Manager of the MacGillicuddy Serious Party touting for votes wearing a kilt and a couple of dead jackos for a sporran whike singing "Green green its green they say
    On the far side of the hill--
    Green green, Im goin away
    To where the grass is greener still-
    Guess where

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    It is a very long time ago but I think I am correct when I say that the first animals that I saw killed were kittens despatched by a hammer blow to the head and I do not for a moment believe that making an animal wait it agony while you first find and then seek the advice of a so called expert in humane killing would be preferential to killing the animal quickly no matter how ham fisted a go of it you might make of it. Where do these rainbow snowflakes come from?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Where do these rainbow snowflakes come from?
    Safe to say they're not country folk.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20