Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Rutting Whitetails in Idaho USA

The predators don’t change the way we operate too much. It’s is always in the back of your mind though. I’ve only had one close call with a mountain lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    What idaho river did you go up ?

Epic bro was a great read
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

excellent

Looks great!

Looks like a great adventure. How did you find the Idaho OTC tag process? Last year I was something like 8000th in the queue. But I guess tags for this hunt are pretty easy to get.

This year, the OTC process was an absolute disaster. I waited in the queue for around 12 hours and I was the only person in my hunting group to get a tag. I believe I was around #5000 In the past we have all easily gotten tags, but I don’t think that will be the case any longer.

Wow what a trip. awesome photos thanks for sharing, we'll be passing thru Idaho on a road trip next month, just camping and sight seeing, hope to spot some wildlife tho.

Quote Originally Posted by cb14 View Post
    Looks like a great adventure. How did you find the Idaho OTC tag process? Last year I was something like 8000th in the queue. But I guess tags for this hunt are pretty easy to get.
    I read recently some of the western USA states have reduced quantities of OTC tags due to severe Winter animal die off. Might take a year or three for game to rebound.

Bus driver
    No sure about that!?…. I got/received all the hunts I put in for…. #s look good
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    I read recently some of the western USA states have reduced quantities of OTC tags due to severe Winter animal die off. Might take a year or three for game to rebound.
    Yes Colorado, Wyoming (and maybe southern Idaho) had a very bad winter, in parts the worst on record. My son and I are hunting Wyoming (elk and pronghorn) this year and applied in areas that actually did well and the tags increased.
    30.06king likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    No sure about that!?…. I got/received all the hunts I put in for…. #s look good
    Congrats and good for you. Are you hunting Idaho ? OTC or outfitter tags ?
    Maybe the Idaho Winter wasn't as severe as elsewhere ... ?

[QUOTE=cb14;1474816]Yes Colorado, Wyoming (and maybe southern Idaho) had a very bad winter, in parts the worst on record. My son and I are hunting Wyoming (elk and pronghorn) this year and applied in areas that actually did well and the tags increased.[/QUOT

Nice, good for you. Hope you and son have great hunts. Quite something to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonJake View Post
    This year, the OTC process was an absolute disaster. I waited in the queue for around 12 hours and I was the only person in my hunting group to get a tag. I believe I was around #5000 In the past we have all easily gotten tags, but I don’t think that will be the case any longer.

That's a real pain for you! Will you look to hunt other states or just stay in Oregon now?

[QUOTE=30.06king;1474820]
    Quote Originally Posted by cb14 View Post
    Yes Colorado, Wyoming (and maybe southern Idaho) had a very bad winter, in parts the worst on record. My son and I are hunting Wyoming (elk and pronghorn) this year and applied in areas that actually did well and the tags increased.[/QUOT

Nice, good for you. Hope you and son have great hunts. Quite something to experience.
    Thanks! Can't wait. It will be my 8th trip but my sons first.