Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Tahr hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    @JoshC, when you guys are crossing the river, what are you wearing there, booties of some kind? Like dive boots?
    Hey mate, nah just our normal boots. Managed to keep feet dry for the first day. Once they're wet though you just charge on through the rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    @JoshC what's your biggest bull to date?
    That looked like difficult conditions to film in.
    I haven't shot many mate, only 5 or 6 bulls now, by choice. All are in the 12-13 range, except my first which was 11.5. Biggest is a hair over 13. I shot and couldn't retrieve a very good bull a couple of years ago, he was well over 13 inches and had awesome spread. Got to within 15 metres of him, but the fall from his perch was a sheer cliff about 3-400 metres high. No goat is worth dying for. If he'd fallen a couple of metres to the left and missed his perch, we'd have got to him. So gutting. I'd even pictured him on my wall lol.

Conditions ok, just got to be picky about when you pull the camera out. My camera has died and been brought back to life by the fire 3 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Nice work.

What equipment are you using to get the video, Josh?
    Cheers. Ah just a Canon SX60hs and a tripod. Always use a tripod
    Dreamer and hotsoup like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by oraki View Post
    Me 3, same boat as the other 2 broken arses. Keep posting all this great stuff
    Me 4. Any structural damage seems to have long-term, longlasting consequences. I get the miseries because doing the things I love most, end up hurting and the damage seems to compound. I hate my own fragility. But I suppose it's part of being more-or-less human, and we struggle on as best we can. Still love getting out in the bush and sneaking around in a limping but forward- moving fashion. A mate of a mate reckons he'll have me looking at some fallow in a few days. Looking forward to topping up the freezer.
    Best wishes to all the old and injured members. It's the videos and "reports by @JoshC and others members that keep me motivated and getting out whenever I can. So thank you guys & gals. Please don't stop doing what you're doing.
    Last edited by keneff; 21-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Dreamer, JoshC, oraki and 1 others like this.
    Used to be a fine wine - now I'm vinegar.

Thanks for taking the time to share. Awesome.

B
    JoshC likes this.