Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Wallaby

Thanks for sharing, awesome photos you guys looks like you had a ball
    That’s the kind of trip I’d pay to go on, you guys are missing a trick
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Top notch trip guys you will keep pretty fit walking them hills, I did hear that you ran out of ammo one day need to pack more , nothing worse than walking back to the hut and wallies still hopping about.
    That breakfast you cooked up Rod would fuel you up for a good while on the hill.
    Well done you guys.
    Yeah. One evening I only took about 55 rounds and ran out with 46 wallaby. It was a bugger because it was the only time I used the clip on thermal and was picking them off in the dusk and could have stayed there for hours. I anticipate I might have got 80 or so. The jokes on me 'cos Im always on at Rod to take plenty of ammo 'cos he has run out before too.
    The irony is that I had 500 rounds back at the hut.
    Trout, Shearer, Mooseman and 2 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Thermal clips-ons priceless just on sunset n after.Roos don't know what hit them.
    Tahr and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Thermal clips-ons priceless just on sunset n after.Roos don't know what hit them.
    Yeah. I just need to get over my stigma about using it. It is effective alright but I enjoy the daylight sniping so much better.
    And its taken me for ever to get the thing sighted in and sorted so that I understand it - its been a bit like changing from a Nissan to a Ranger
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Shouldnt need sighting in,just sits central on the front of yr scope.Bit of fine tuning of image and focas,just use your day scope crosshairs.Have your day scope on 1.5x,2x,3x.mag
    Micky Duck likes this.

Shouldnt need sighting in,just sits central on the front of yr scope.Bit of fine tuning of image and focas,just use your day scope crosshairs.Have your day scope on 1.5x,2x,3x.mag
    The thing still has to be centred with the 'scope. Mine was way out and it took a bit to get it adjusted to be lined up. You must have been lucky Grant.

Once centred you can make any adjustments to your scope you like and it still all stays lined up.

I can use mine up to 6 power on wallaby ok. Hikmicro.
    striker, Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    - Rumi

Your lucky Grant mine needed sighting in.
    Tahr, striker and Micky Duck like this.

Hmm i just slide my InFiray CH50 V2 on my 2x16x50 scope,flick a wee lever n all clamped on centrel.I got a wee white dot where i dial focas to match.Gives me 300yds of clear image view and a very wide field of view.Day scope just set at 2.5inch high and shoots out to 300yds.No sighting in of either scope.
    I turn OFF cross hairs in thermal,thermal just like a monocular.I only use day scope cross hairs which are already sighted in.
    TURN OFF YOUR THERMAL CROSS HAIRS and view thru your day scope.
    Shearer likes this.

Hmm i just slide my InFiray CH50 V2 on my 2x16x50 scope,flick a wee lever n all clamped on centrel.I got a wee white dot where i dial focas to match.Gives me 300yds of clear image view and a very wide field of view.Day scope just set at 2.5inch high and shoots out to 300yds.No sighting in of either scope.
    I turn OFF cross hairs in thermal,thermal just like a monocular.I only use day scope cross hairs which are already sighted in.
    TURN OFF YOUR THERMAL CROSS HAIRS and view thru your day scope.
    I read your manual and see what you mean about the white dot to centre it. Your manual still recommends to fire a shot and to make a final adjustment to the x&y axis which is what I had to do with mine (and Brian) right from the start cos we have no centering light thing. Yours sounds a lot easier.
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    - Rumi

My white dot is a bit of twink on the out side i put on scope bell and twink dot on attachment clamp to line up thermal clip on for plume and centre.The clamp attachment is only about .5 mm bigger the scope bell=neat fit,so when clamped,the thermal pretty much centre.i also have a dot of twink on houseing to thimble focas knob just so i know where 300yds focas is.
    Caus my scope is 50mm bell diameter and thermal is 50mm.View of day scope just about matchs view of thermal with out dialing up mag to much.Just leave day scope on 2x.
    No white dots in centre of screen,nothing,just my 2 dots of twink on the out side.
    Tahr likes this.

Iv never use x y cross hairs in my infiray or my run over guide clip on.Most important thing is to have a neat fitting clamp the size of your objective bell.Thermal just about centralises it self on your day scope and a very low base mag on your day scope 1.5 or 2x.

At night lacking a clip on type thermal a few years ago we experimented with attaching a Lazer pointer to a handheld using the tripod mounting screw. Using the picture in picture function you can get a sufficiently precise focus. We shoot at night in teams of 2 taking turns to shoot, one with the thermal the other with a spotlight, just flick the light on to shoot then off or move to the next green dot. We've found it quick, reliable and very effective. A thermal clip on or scope would allow you to go solo but there's a competitive element this way and no boosting your tally.
    Trout, Shearer and Micky Duck like this.

All night hunting is good,stops my BSC getting worse in the dreaded sun light.
    Tahr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I read your manual and see what you mean about the white dot to centre it. Your manual still recommends to fire a shot and to make a final adjustment to the x&y axis which is what I had to do with mine (and Brian) right from the start cos we have no centering light thing. Yours sounds a lot easier.
    Dont follow instructions in manual,turn off cross hairs.Just centralise around yr day scope cross hairs.Its only a thermal viewing monocular.
    Micky Duck likes this.

now THAT bit makes sence.....
    Trout likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters