Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Worthwhile watch

Worthwhile watch

Not sure if this right place to put this but been enjoying watching Tasman on NZ Wild Adventures on YouTube. In his latest one called Week Long Solo Tahr Hunt - Part 1 he does something I have never seen before. He shoots a thar nanny, then harvests the meat and some lengths of intestines which he cleans out with water. Back at the hut he whips out a mincer and minces up a whole of thar then he mixes some other flavourings in and makes legit thar sausages all with a hand mincer and a plastic attachment! Made me hungry and certainly more appealing than freezedri.
    Trout, Puffin, timattalon and 14 others like this.

Yeah, been watching him for a year or so now. He's certainly a machine and produces content superior to many with tens of thousands more followers.

I've watched all his vids. I particularly like that he's not always trying to sell stuff all the time, because he doesn't have a bunch of sponsors. His equipment is basic and functional, and he's got very strong legs, back and lungs. My favorite youtube channel I think. The food and equipment he takes into the hills is always a laugh, i.e. a mincer and sausage maker! He's an inspiration to a newbie like myself

Jus
    Don’t know how he carry’s all his gear, mincers and pasta makers and a boat load of ingredients. Plus an umbrella. I’d rather watch his adventures than most other content though, his happy go lucky demeanour and unorthodox style of documenting his trips is refreshing

I like watching Tasman's vodeo's. Hes not pretentious, he doesnt brag, he hunts to eat, and loves his food. His boating trips are right out there! Does it all on a shoestring budget, and puts in the hard yards. The guy must be superfit cos I just get tired watching him carry that pack!

Nothing seems to phase him as he has a giggle at everything. Even things that don't go quite to plan. Awesome.
    Micky Duck, Pixie Z and RUMPY like this.

Never ceases to amaze me the stuff he pulls out of his pack, just caught up on the last few videos after watching his epic Stewart Island trilogy a few weeks back. Last few episodes he's had a Mincer (with sausage maker attachments) A cast Iron frypan, a giant fruit tart in a bamboo cake tin etc etc. Guy is a weapon on the hill
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

He’s certainly a character and an adventurer. He’s done things that most people would think was impossible and/or just plain crazy.
    He’s fitter than I’d ever been and Carrie’s some massive loads!
    Micky Duck, RUMPY and RV1 like this.

Tasman would make a good fitness trainer for the army out on the hills.He would walk the legs off a wild dog in Africa.Very fit n strong for his size.
    Micky Duck, RUMPY, RV1 and 1 others like this.

Tasman does not really have the persona the Army are looking for. And I for one would not like to see him have to curb his enthusiasm and peculiarities to fit that mould. I know of a few suuper fit types that simply could not stop grinning when being supposedly beasted by the PTI's. It got them a lot of grief! , as PTI's don't like being shown up as not the fittest ones around
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me the stuff he pulls out of his pack, just caught up on the last few videos after watching his epic Stewart Island trilogy a few weeks back. Last few episodes he's had a Mincer (with sausage maker attachments) A cast Iron frypan, a giant fruit tart in a bamboo cake tin etc etc. Guy is a weapon on the hill
    I loved the bit where the sandflys are giving him grief when he's cooking, so he throws the BBQ into his inflatable and goes out into the middle of the bay away from the buggers, and cooks up an enormous feast in his gas powered BBQ, sitting in the middle of his little inflatable. In the middle of the bay. What could possibly go wrong!!!

so far Ive watched them stalk to within meters of thar twice..then jump up and spook them...same with goats...same with a wallaby ...and then watching last night a lovely even 12pt red stag most folks would love to have on the wall....didnt get quite so close to him but they had no intention of shooting it either.
    Cowboy, woods223, RUMPY and 2 others like this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Great vids for sure and a real character. I met him down south last year when I saw a couple of jokers walk in the snow with jandles haha.
    Ned, XR500 and RV1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    so far Ive watched them stalk to within meters of thar twice..then jump up and spook them...same with goats...same with a wallaby ...and then watching last night a lovely even 12pt red stag most folks would love to have on the wall....didnt get quite so close to him but they had no intention of shooting it either.
    Always a buzz when you do that with a wild animal although goats generally get the bullet as well.

The one where he carried the smoker onto the tops was a crack up. Has a cook up and drags a 3 litre milk, big jar of peanut butter and a couple of cans of coconut cream out of the pack! No cutting the handles off toothbrushes to save weight for him.... I remember when he carried 2 deer's worth of meat out from the tops. He weighed his pack and it was 40kgs....... Hunting the tops in jandals... The list goes on... He's great!
    Trout, Micky Duck, RUMPY and 1 others like this.